Our feet have energy zones linked to various organs in our body. So, it indicates that we can get our body detoxified through our feet. Even though it is not entirely proved, the practice of body detoxification through the feet is still quite popular in China.
While you might have heard about acupuncture, where the energy zones are activated through needles, detoxification through feet is also somewhat similar, which results in the secretion of toxins from the body through the feet.
According to traditional Chinese medicine, the body sends the toxins away from the organs to your lower legs and feet.
This foot detoxification practice has been used in countries like China, Japan, and Egypt for thousands of years. In China, people consider the feet as the second heart, which shows your internal health.
For feet detoxification, experts use herbal foot baths and foot pads which stimulate reflex points and better blood circulation.
Feet detoxification is gaining so much popularity as it claims to remove all the dangerous toxins and heavy metals from the body through the feet. These toxins range from the chemicals in your house to the impurities in the air.
Homemade Detox Foot Pads can Help you with
- Reducing inflammation
- Relieving stress and boosting mood
- Balancing pH of the body
- Killing harmful bacteria
- Relives joint pain and muscle stiffness
- Strengthens immune system
- Improves sleep
- Eliminates blood clots
- Promotes recovery from trauma
Our body needs regular detoxification from all the impurities we get from water, food, and air.
Having too many toxins in the body can be the reason for the appearance of hyperemia, cold, swelling, migraines, and unpleasant body odor.
When you constantly have some of these issues, it is a sign that something is wrong with your body.
Different types of Detox Foot Bath and Homemade Detox Foot Pads
There are various methods to detoxify your feet, and they all are pretty simple. In this post, we will discuss a few of them, and you can pick up any based on your preference.
1. Oxygen Detox Recipe
- Ginger Powder
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Warm water and a tub
- Add 1 tablespoon of dry ginger powder and 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide in a small tub.
- Now pour some warm water and soak your feet for about half an hour. This method will soothe your body and help to get rid of allergies.
2. Salt Detox Recipe
- Sea salt
- Baking Soda
- Epsom salt
- Take a small tub and add 1 cup of both sea and Epsom salt.
- Now add the baking soda and pour hot water.
- You can also add your favorite essential oil. Just soak your feet in the tub for a minimum of half an hour.
This method will help you get rid of skin irritation and increase the magnesium levels in your body.
You might experience exhaustion and tiredness while you are soaking your feet; this shows that the process works well.
3. Clay Detox Recipe
- Bentonite clay
- Epsom salt
- Essential oils (optional)
- Add the 1 cup of Epsom salt in a small tub and pour hot water. You can add any essential oil.
- Mix 1 cup of the clay is some water (make sure there are no clumps) and then add the clay mixture to the bath.
- Soak your feet for 30 minutes.
This is a very powerful method and can fight fungus and bacteria-related irritations. You may start feeling tired initially, but after a few minutes, you will like it.
Massage a moisturizer or a foot cream into your feet after soaking them. You can combine these detoxifying methods with medication and breathing techniques to increase the body’s proper oxygen flow.
4. Homemade Detox Foot Pads
- Self-stick gauze pads
- First, chop the onion and the garlic.
- Pour water into a kettle and let it boil. Add the garlic and onion and let them boil for around 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down. Pour this mixture on the self-stick gauze and patch it on the soles of the feet.
- Now put your socks on.
- You will see the effects the next morning; the pads are going to be dark from toxins from your body.
Note: You have an additional optional of buying foot detox pads from health stores if you are looking for easier methods. But their price is very high.
Apply the pads on your soles before you go to sleep and remove them in the morning; if they become dark in color, hard, and bumpy, that means that they have worked for you.
It would help if you bought organic foot detox pads, which are made of natural ingredients. The organic pads usually have bamboo vinegar which helps in removing toxins and metals from the body. The wood vinegar in these pads can help you improve blood circulation in the body.
You can find a ton of different foot bath recipes, but the one discussed in this post is by far the simplest one with easy ingredients that are available at your home.
Adopting a detox foot method is undoubtedly a tremendous relaxing therapy that is ideal for cleaning your body. While foot detox has many benefits, some people should avoid them or speak to a doctor before using them. These people may be
- Pregnant or lactating women
- People with electrical implants
- Children under 7 years of age
- Diabetic people
- People with open sores on their feet Your health is a precious thing, and you should look after it.
We hope this post on homemade detox foot pads gave you some clarity on Footpads and foot baths for internal body cleansing.