What is a mole? Have you heard of Cancerous moles? In spite of the ancient theory that moles are the beauty enhancer, we loathed the appearance of these small, dark brown spots at first sight. However, we all have few moles in our body which vary in colour and shape.
The flat black mole may not make us much worried, but if the moles are big and raised. its something annoying and harmful for our skin.
If you are cautious enough to remove it at first notice, some natural remedies can help you. Therefore to get rid of these unpleasant skin moles painlessly, keep reading this article about, Cancerous moles: How to Get Rid of Moles on Skin-
What is a mole?
Moles are pigmented cells that appear on the skin surface in clusters or single. Colors may vary from dark brown to red, purple, black, and even skin-colored.
According to Medical term, it is known as Melanocytes Nevus. The size is equal to a tip of a pencil eraser (6 mm approx) and may appear in oval or round shape.
Usually, skin moles are found either perfectly flat or raised on the outer skin. Surface
There are three types of mole, Such as:
- Congenital mole— these are moles that people born with.
- Acquired or common mole—these types are harmless, and it appears after birth.
- A typical Mole or dysplastic nevus— these are moles with an odd shape. It shows more than one colour and larger in size.
What Causes Moles:
The exact reason for mole formation, especially in adults, is not apparent. However, mole appears on the skin surface when the dermal cells spread throughout the skin and they form a cluster.
These cells are called melanocytes and they are situated at the bottom layer of skin
Now, let us clarify the reasons pointwise:
- When melanocytes cells are overactive in our body if the production of melanin is higher and this cause moles appear on the skin.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight is another reason that causes a mole.
- The pigmentation of the cells generates and spread rapidly to the other areas when it gets overexposes to sunlight and cause a mole.
Majority of the skin moles are unusually harmless, but some moles may turn to skin cancer.
So it is essential to consult a dermatologist if you notice the sudden appearance of moles in your body which is uneven in shape and dark in colour.
Precaution For Mole:
Moles are often defined by genetics, but some exposure and tanning may enhance the chance of developing new moles, or it may make your existing moles change the colours.
Therefore if we take some general precautions, we can resist new mole growth.
- Protect your skin with sunscreen lotion.
- A wide-brimmed hat can protect you from sunlight.
- Using full sleeve clothes
- Try to avoid peak hours when sun rays are high.
What does a cancerous moles look like:
Skin moles may turn of melanoma which is a severe form of skin cancer. It develops from the pigmented skin cells, which are known as melanocytes. There are four types of melanoma:
- Superficial spreading melanoma.
- Nodular melanoma.
- Acral lentiginous melanoma.
Melanoma develops in the melanin-producing cells, melanocytes. Melanin is a pigment that defines skin colour.
Although, nearly all adults have few moles less which are harmless and we do not bother much about it.
But the real concern arises when a skin mole turns into melanoma so how to define a normal skin mole and a cancerous mole is the most vital question.
ALSO READ: 15 Cancer Symptoms Most Women Often Ignore!
Early signs of a cancerous moles:
1):- To spot the differences between normal skin moles and would be malignant skin growth we must follow the ABCD rules, which means—
A— Asymmetry: If the skin mole is not even on both sides, it needs particular test to diagnose melanoma.
B— Border: If the skin moles are surrounded by an irregular and blurred border.
C—Colour: Skin mole colour plays an essential role to define the nature of mole—benign or malignant. If the colours of skin moles appear to be uneven and show many shades of black, brown, red or purple, it is something different from the normal skin mole. Such moles needed further investigation. ( maybe skin cancer)
D—Diameter: If the mole size increases gradually, it’s not a simple mole only. In the case of melanoma, the moles tend to grow bigger and spread in diameter. It is also essential to notice the thickness of the mole with time, as cancerous moles get thick with time.
2): Any sudden changes in the mole texture are worth to medical investigation. If there is any itchiness, swelling, redness in the mole, it must be investigated thoroughly.
3): Bleeding from the mole or smelling or oozing is the early indication of melanoma.
4): Do not ignore if there are tenderness or pain in the mole.
5): if the upper surface of the mole gets scaly or dry.
6): People have a higher risk of melanoma if he or she has
- Atypical mole.
- Family history of skin moles.
- More than 50 moles in the body.
Don’t miss: how to remove skin tags
How to get rid of Moles on Skin Naturally:
Usually, skin moles (normal) do not cause any harm to our body, but too many moles can affect your looks and appearance. Although, there are various procedure to remove the mole which are costly and painful.
So trying some home remedies may help us to remove the mole without much effort and pain.
1. Baking Soda with Castor Oil:
This is an age-old method to remove moles. Baking soda and castor oil mixture uproot the mole and lighten the scar on several uses.
Way to use:
- Add half teaspoon of baking soda with two drops of castor oil.
- Apply the paste on the mole and leave for 30 to 40 minutes. Cover the area with gauze or band-aid.
2. Oregano Oil:
This is an essential oil with many benefits. It contains antioxidants and herbal nutrients which are powerful enough to remove moles and blemishes. This oil is naturally antibiotic that kills virus and skin germs.
Way to use:-
- Make a mixture of two or three drops of oregano oil with any carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil.
- Spread it on the moles with a cotton swab.
- No need to wash it, as it will absorb slowly in the skin.
- Do it daily.
3. Onion juice:
Owing to its acidic properties onion juice is an excellent and safe natural remedy to remove skin mole. Applying onion juice tropically can help you to remove the mole and its scares. The natural acids in onion juice are also useful to make skin tone even.
Way to Use:
- Take a medium onion and peel off.
- Cut into halves and put it into the mixer.
- Extract the juice and apply it on the mole with a clean cotton ball.
- Stay for one hour and wash with water.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day.
Iodine is a chemical compound. It is very useful to kill germs and reduce inflammation while we apply it topically. Iodine can heal wounds inside the mouth and other parts of the body. Direct application on mole makes it flake off.
Way to Use:
- Take one shall drop of Iodine.
- Apply it directly on the mole.
- Cover the adjacent area of mole with petroleum jelly for protection.
- Do it daily for one week.
Being a flavouring spice in every kitchen garlic also has numerous health and skin benefits. Therefore it is useful to get rid of skin mole or other skin issues.
Garlic bulbs are enriched with a specific enzyme called Allicin, helps to break down the cluster of cells that forms moles. It also lightens the pigmented skin tone.
Way to use:-
- Peel off and smash one or two garlic cloves.
- Place the garlic on the mole area and fix it with a bandage or medical tape.
- Keep it for 3 to 4 hours and clean the area with antiseptic cream after removing the bandage.
- Repeat it daily.
6. Lemon juice with coconut Oil:
Lemon juice has natural acid, and it is natural astringent. Coconut oil provides nourishment to the skin. So applying the mixture of these two ingredients’ is another effective way to get rid of skin mole.
Way to Use:
- Extract one tablespoon juice from a fresh lemon.
- Take one teaspoon virgin coconut oil in a small container.
- Mix them well to form a smooth ointment like texture.
- Apply on the mole area with a cotton swab or cotton ball.
- Leave for 30 minutes.
7. Tree tea oil:
The oil that we get from tea tree is a great choice to treat skin problems like acne, pimples, moles and warts for many days.
On the application of this oil tropically make the moles fall, and it also reduces the swelling and redness. The astringent property is effective to erase the scares.
Way to Use:
- Take tree tea oil as per requirement.
- Soak a cotton swab into it and apply on the mole area.
- Try this procedure for 2 to 3 times a day.
8. Banana Peels:
Using banana peels for skin is a popular way to improve skin tone and remove tan.
But besides this, banana peels work fast to remove unwanted skin moles as it is enriched with vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, zinc and manganese, oxalic acid and ascorbic acid.
These ingredients work to reduces skin rashes and make it hydrate as well.
Way to Use:
- Take one part of banana peel.
- Cut into pieces according to your need.
- Place the white side of the peels on the moles.
- For better result use a bandage cloth to tie the peel on the moles.
- Keep it in this way for long hours.
- Repeat until the moles fall off.
Quick tips to follow to treat skin moles safely:
- Moles are very common skin growth and may be flat or raised.
- Moles may appear in childhood or at a mature age.
- Moles are harmless and do not cause pain or bleeding.
- All moles are not cancerous except those who grow bigger, changes colour and texture with time.
- Medical advice is necessary if the moles are itching, bleeding or swelling.
In conclusion, if you are concern about the moles in your body, you must monitor them constantly as some moles may turn severe and cause skin cancer.
You only try home remedies after being sure that it is not cancerous and causing no adverse reaction in your body. So, stay safe and healthy.