A mouth ulcer is a general problem for millions of people. Mouth ulcers are very irritating and painful sometimes and can affect your speaking and eat ability for sure. The mouth ulcer looks like an open sore, surrounded by a red, inflamed spot, and seems white and sometimes red in the middle. If you are also suffering from mouth ulcers and looking for simple methods as a cure, we are mentioning How to cure mouth ulcers fast with 10 home remedies that can help you.
In this Article
Mouth ulcers causes in Adults
Most of the time mouth ulcer appears inside the lips, cheeks, tongue, and other parts of the mouth.
Eating excess junk food, hormonal imbalance, constipation, acidity, stress, heredity and mall-nourishment, and lack of nutrients and vitamins like B complex, iron, and vitamin C are primary causes of mouth ulcers.
A mouth ulcer is not a major concern, but it can be a significant concern if not treated on time.
Though there is plenty of mouth gel, mouthwash, and other products available to cure mouth ulcers, we will still recommend you go for home remedies. Let’s take a closer look at that:
How to Cure Mouth Ulcers Fast
Be with us to know how to cure mouth ulcer permanently–
1. Honey or Glycerin
Honey is an excellent remedy for mouth ulcers. Honey includes anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, which are highly effective for mouth ulcers.
Also, honey has an acceptable product for soothing the ulcer’s inflammation. Make sure that you use organic and raw honey; there is much artificial honey available on the market, so be alert.
You can also use glycerine instead of honey; it also works great for curing mouth ulcers, and both products are cost-effective, natural, and readily available in the market.
How to use:
- Take some organic honey or glycerin, dip a clean cotton ball, and apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it like that, and repeat this process 3 to 4 times a day.
- You can also apply Manuka honey, and for applying, you can also use your finger, but first wash your hands properly.
- In 2 to 3 days, you will get positive results for sure.
ALSO READ: How to Check If Honey is Pure or Fake
2. Licorice Root
Licorice root includes antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which is quite beneficial for mouth ulcers.
Licorice root is beneficial for curing mouth ulcers and other mouth disorders. You can have licorice root extract from any superstore, or you can also have chewable tablets and gums that include licorice extract.
It will soothe your burning sensation causes mouth ulcer and provide an excellent effect to your mouth.
How to use
- Take some part of the licorice root, crush it well, and soak this powder in two cups of water for 4 to 5 hours.
- Rinse your mouth with this licorice water for 2 to 3 minutes and repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda or also known as sodium bicarbonate is a good remedy for mouth ulcers. This is a common ingredient in every kitchen, so you need not find it anywhere.
Baking soda contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which helps to reduce the burning effect and shrinks your mouth ulcer in a few days.
Baking soda is also helpful for removing mouth bacteria and germs as well as neutralizes the acidic level.
How to use
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix some water so that you can make a thick and fine paste.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area and leave it like that. Repeat this remedy twice a day or until you get rid of mouth ulcers.
- You can directly apply some baking soda to a mouth ulcer, but it may cause a slight burning feeling.
4. Coconut Oil and Coconut Milk
Coconut milk and coconut oil both have a soothing ability, which reduces the pain and inflammation that causes mouth ulcers and provides a healing effect on those stubborn mouth ulcers.
Try to use fresh coconut milk for mouth ulcers; do not use canned coconut milk.
How to use
- You can apply some coconut oil to the affected area with the help of a cotton ball or your finger. Repeat this process 4 to 5 times a day.
- Take some fresh coconut milk and directly apply to the affected area, or you can also rinse your mouth with coconut milk for 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat this process thrice a day.
- One can also add some drops of honey in coconut milk and coconut oil for better results.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Mouth ulcers occur cause of bacteria and germs that are present in your mouth. Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial property, which is beneficial for killing bacteria.
Its anti-inflammatory component provides a soothing effect to mouth ulcers and helps to heal them soon. You can have apple cider vinegar from any supermarket.
How to use
- Take some raw and organic apple cider vinegar and mix equal water in that.
- Rinse your mouth with this solution and swish this water in your mouth area properly.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day and until you get rid of mouth ulcers.
6. Sea salt and Saltwater
Sea salt also has antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-microbial properties, which is necessary for killing bacteria and healing the mouth ulcer fast.
So the simple Saltwater is also beneficial for mouth ulcers. You can find both in your kitchen or can buy sea salt from any superstore.
How to use
- Take 1 tablespoon of sea salt in one glass of water; you can also add some drops of hydrogen peroxide to this solution.
- Rinse your mouth with this water for 1 to 2 minutes, do not swallow it.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt and add it half glass of water and rinse your mouth with that.
- Repeat both remedies twice a day.
Aloe vera is a natural soother that can be used for healing and curing mouth ulcers quickly and naturally.
How to use
- Cut some fresh aloe vera, extract the transparent gel, apply it to the affected area, and leave it like that.
- You can also mix some honey with aloe vera. Repeat this remedy thrice a day.
Applying some ice on the mouth ulcer can also provide a healing and soothing effect and can reduce inflammation, and swelling causes mouth ulcers.
Apply some ice on the affected area two times a day.
Toothpaste has antibacterial properties and an essential home item, reducing inflammation of mouth ulcers and curing them soon.
Apply some toothpaste with the help of your finger, or you can also use Q-tip for applying.
Leave it for some time, then wash your mouth. Repeat this remedy twice a day.
Also Read this Article: Angular cheilitis home treatment
10. Clove oil
When we talk about mouth problems like ulcers and tooth pain, clove oil is considered the most satisfactory remedy to cure them all, and it works like magic. You can have clove oil from any superstore.
How to use:
- Take some clove oil and dip a cotton ball into it and apply this to the affected area.
- Repeat this remedy thrice a day. Make sure that wash your mouth properly before applying clove oil.
All the home remedies are excellent for treating mouth ulcers; also, avoid all kinds of spicy and junk food if you have a mouth ulcer. Keep your mouth clean and if you feel much discomfort, then consult your doctor.