Moringa Leaves Benefits: Mother Nature has gifted many powerful herbs, medicinal plants, and trees. Some of these medicinal plant varieties have been used for several centuries. One of the most praised plants for its abundant health benefits is Moringa. Even the scientists have researched, investigated, and declared the health benefits of moringa.
Moringa Oleifera has multiple health benefits. It is gaining more and more popularity in the recent days as a ‘superfood.’ What is moringa good for? Well, the list of benefits you derive from moringa can be literally long. Here is the list of 10 powerful benefits of drinking moringa every day.
Moringa Leaves Benefits: 10 Surprising Benefits of Drinking Moringa:
1. Packed with Nutrients:
If you have a moringa tree in your home means you can easily get the adequate nutrients. Moringa leaves are packed with nutrients.
It makes an excellent source of calcium, minerals, micro-nutrients, and vitamins. Especially, it is one of the richest sources of iron.
- 50 grams of moringa leaves contain 8 X more calcium than milk and 12 times more iron than spinach.
- The beta carotene properties are 10X more than when you get from carrots.
- It contains zinc, potassium, and Vitamin B.
- It also contains a higher amount of proteins than eggs. A cup of moringa has 4X more protein than an egg. It makes the complete protein due to the presence of amino acids. So, if you have the question, what is moringa good for, this is the answer. Moringa is for its nutritional values.
2. Rich Source of Antioxidants:
Most of the medicinal plants and herbs, fresh fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants.
Moringa is one of the good sources of antioxidants. Antioxidants help to fight against free radicals. It delays the aging process.
Oxidative damage not only happens externally but also affects the organs. Drinking moringa every day helps to reduce and regulating the oxidative stress to various organs.
3. Helps Lowering Blood Sugar Level:
Moringa leaves benefits the diabetic patients in many levels. Packed with nutrients, it gives you all essential nutrients and improves your metabolism.
Moringa reduces the lipid levels and blood glucose levels upon regular consumption. It stimulates secretion of enzymes.
It also regulates the oxidative stress that damaged the pancreas (which is responsible for controlling blood sugar). Eventually, it reduces blood sugar.
4. Strengthens the Bones:
As stated above, moringa is one of the richest sources of calcium. Calcium is the core nutrient required for healthy bones.
Bone health tends to deteriorate in the 30s. In the past few years, many new health conditions piled up, associated with poor bone health.
For instance, osteoporosis – porous bones; bone degeneration; severe back pain (associated with weak bones); knee and joint pain; etc.
Regular intake of moringa every day can improve your bone health in a short period.
5. Boosts your Immunity:
One of the important moringa leaves benefits includes immunity boosting ability. If you regularly include moringa leaves or moringa powder in your diet, your immune system becomes strong.
You no longer fall prey for seasonal illness, allergies, and infections. It served as a lifesaver in thousands of people who had little to no medical facilities.
As a part of treatment in HIV positive patients, moringa leaves gained an important place. It is used as a herbal supplement in the therapies.
6. Moringa is an Anti-Cancer Ingredient:
Isn’t it impressive to know that moringa has anti-cancer properties? This specific benefit of drinking moringa everyday acts as a collective of all benefits and nutritious properties.
- The ability to fight against free radicals keeps the cells and tissues healthy.
- Prevents the cellular level damage due to free radicals which indicates a growth of cancer cells.
- It contains the antioxidants nalike kaempfero, rhamnetin, Quercetin etc which keep the cells and tissues healthy, free from oxidation.
- Detoxifies the body and strengthens the immunity.
7. Protects your Liver:
One of the most powerful benefits of drinking moringa every day is protection of your liver health! Liver is one of the important organs responsible for many vital functions. Liver is responsible for bile, metabolizing fat, process nutrients, etc.
Moringa contains a high proportion of polyphenols in leaves, flowers, and even the seeds. It slowly eliminates toxins and oxidation damage to the liver.
What is Moringa Good for?
- Reduces liver damage
- Reverses the liver oxidation
- Enhance the protein in the liver
- Stimulate liver enzymes
- Support blood detoxification
8. Moringa Boosts Brain Health:
The antioxidant ability of the moringa leaves benefits your brain health. It supports healthy functioning of your brain and enhances the cognitive function.
It also contains neuro-enhancing activities. Currently, the effect of moringa leaves in treating Alzheimer’s and other brain dysfunctional conditions are undertaken by many scientists.
As a promising note, Moringa has been proven to show up favorable results in the preliminary research in addressing the Alzheimer’s.
- Prevents neuron degeneration
- Improves brain function
- Keeps you active
- Stabilize the neurotransmitters
- Helps secretion and normalizing the healthy hormones
- Support good memory
- Boost your mental health
9. Moringa for Weightloss:
The magical remedy to lose weight One of the major benefits of drinking moringa every day is weight loss. Literally, half of the world population struggles to lose weight.
There are thousands of supplements, hundreds of diet, and a massive market for weight loss population. Losing weight does not happen in a day.
Moringa doesn’t have any miraculous fat burning ability or slimming down properties. The combined nutritional properties of Moringa leaves help you shed down weight quickly without any side effects.
- Anti-inflammatory effect reduces the swelling in and out
- The diuretic properties eliminates the excessive water and prevents water retention
- Insulin regulation helps prevention of fat accumulation
- Strong liver support enables fat metabolism
- High fiber reduces fat accumulation in the gut
- Helps treating constipation
10. Reduces and Eliminates Inflammation:
Inflammation happens in two ways. It is the immunity’s response to any injury or infection. It is a protective mechanism.
On the other hand, inflammation grows as an indication of a prolonged health issue. Sustained inflammation leads to chronic health issues.
Moringa has anti-inflammatory compounds. Scientists has proven the fact that moringa leaves contain isothiocyanates, one of the major anti-inflammatory compounds.
In the search of what is moringa good for, it is effective in reducing the inflammation caused by arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
In addition to the above mentioned 10 powerful benefits of drinking moringa every day, moringa is also good for hair growth and healthy skin. It supports the secretion of breastmilk in pregnant women.
How to Use Moringa Leaves:
We have seen the moringa leaves benefits. Here is a brief outlook on how to use moringa.
You can use moringa in two ways, moringa powder drink and moringa leaves.
Many cultures used moringa leaves for its medicinal and health benefits. It takes quite sometimes to cook the leaves in form of stirfry, leaves boiled with lentils, etc.
Moringa powder is available in abundance. So, to get all the moringa leaves benefits, it is ideal to use moringa as a drink every day.
How to Use Moringa Powder?
You can make a cup of delicious tea which energizes you. Here is the reciple for moringa drink.
- Add 1 teaspoon moringa powder to a cup of hot water
- Squeeze half a lemon and mix well
- If you have a sweet tooth, add honey
- If you do not want a sweet drink, add salt and pepper and drink it warm.
It is easy to make this moringa drink every morning. You can drink this twice a day.
In addition, you can always add a tablespoon of moringa powder in vegetable soup. It doesn’t alter the taste but enhances the health benefits. Moringa leaves powder do not alter the taste. So, you can add this into juices and broths for an extra dose of nutrients.