How to cure constipation naturally? Constipation is said to be a common problem for thousands of people all over the world. People make such efforts to get rid of constipation, but sometimes it can be difficult. The people who have chronic constipation are much eager to find a perfect and permanent solution.
If you are also one of those searching for natural remedies, this article can help you for sure. Here, we will mention how to cure constipation quickly and naturally that are quite effective and easy.
Though there are many solutions available in the market, who claim to treat constipation, they never provide you with a permanent solution. Even a person can be habitual of those medicines.
Constipation means that hard and dry stools are passing with high pressure. Constipation also includes a heavy abdomen, stomachache, dizziness, headache, stress, mouth ulcer and acidity.
Poor eating habits, drinking less water, pregnancy, less physical activity, depression, and any disease can be responsible for constipation.
- Less than 3 bowel movements per week.
- Difficulty or extreme effort to pass stool.
- Hard or lumpy stools.
- Abdominal discomfort or bloating
- Feeling of incomplete evacuation.
- Sensation of obstruction in the anorectal area.
How to Cure Constipation
Let’s take a closer look at the ten best remedies & treatments for constipation-
Lime is a perfect remedy that reduces constipation and digestive issues. You can have lemon at your home, and they not increase the taste of the food but also have many health benefits.
Lemon includes vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties, which help clean the bowl system and push up the dry and hard stool.
How to use
- Take a fresh lime, cut this and squeeze in half glass of lukewarm water. You can also add some salt and a few drops of organic honey for a better result. Drink this excellent remedy in the morning time; it would be better to drink it on an empty stomach. You can also drink this in the evening time.
- The second option is to take 2 or 3 tablespoons of lime juice, add some rock salt and take this twice a day. You will get positive results soon.
2. Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking plenty of water in a day can solve many health issues in a few days. Water helps to keep you hydrated and flush out all the toxins and waste material from the body. According to science, a healthy person must drink 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day.
Drinking enough water makes your digestive system healthy and reduces chronic constipation, reduces acidity, and relieves stress as well. Drinking water is an ancient remedy for several diseases.
Figs are a rich source of high fibers, which work as a natural laxative. Figs have an anti-inflammatory property, which reduces the heaviness and acidity that causes constipation. You can use dried and fresh figs to relieve constipation.
If you find fresh figs, then eat them directly without removing the skin because the skin has many essential components that can improve bowel management and the digestive system.
How to use–
- Soak 3 to 4 almonds and 2 figs in one cup of water for 4 to 5 hours.
- Peel off the skin of almonds and make a paste of both ingredients.
- Eat this paste with some honey or as it is at night.
- You can directly eat almonds and figs in the morning time and an empty stomach. Repeat this remedy once a day.
Also Read: How to Eat Fig Fruit?
4. Castor Oil
How to cure constipation with castor oil? Castor oil is highly beneficial for improving the bowel system and reducing chronic constipation. It is a natural method for constipation and cleaning the intestine properly.
Castor oil contains amino acids, fatty acids, anti-inflammatory and rich with antioxidants, which help several stomach disorders and other health issues.
How to use
- Take 1 or 2 tablespoons of castor oil and directly swallow this or you can also add some juice or some milk in castor oil, then take this once a day.
- Please do not repeat this remedy again and again because it can be harmful.
Organic and raw honey is said to be a panacea for treating several health and beauty issues. Honey also has an anti-inflammatory component, which reduces constipation in a few days, and its laxative quality makes the things movable.
How to use:
- Take two tablespoons of honey, mix it to a half glass of warm water, add some lime juice, and drink this water twice a day.
- You can directly have honey twice a day. You can also mix some honey with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and some water and take this once a day; better results, drink this before a meal.
6. Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are also beneficial for treating constipation and chronic constipation.
Flax seeds include high fiber and Omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium and potassium and several minerals and vitamins, which help to solve abdomen disorders and bowel discomfort.
How to use
- Take 1 or 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and eat directly with some water once a day.
- The other method is, take one tablespoon of flax seeds powder; you can also grind them at home. Soak this powder in one cup of water for half an hour, then drink this water at night. The next day you will get the expected results.
- Drink plenty of water if you want to repast the eating flax seeds option.
7. Dried Plums
Dried plums or prunes are rich sources of fiber. The use of prunes makes your digestive system healthy and expels the waste material easily and quickly. Prunes are known for killing constipation, and the people who want a quick and perfect solution for constipation; must eat prunes regularly.
How to use:
- You can have 2 or 3 plums or prunes daily, or you can add 3 to 4 prunes in some warm milk and blend it well and drink this at night before sleeping.
- Repeat this remedy once a day.
8. Magnesium-Rich Diet
A magnesium-rich diet can also be useful for reducing and treating constipation. The people who have much abdomen and constipation trouble have less magnesium consumption, which leads to several stomach troubles.
You must include green and leafy veggies in your diet chart like spinach, broccoli, okra, etc. You should eat a well-ripped banana, papaya and orange, etc., which helps to reduce inflammation and the acidic effect of constipation.
Fish can also be an excellent option for treating constipation. Again, drink a lot of water that will keep you hydrated from inside.
Pregnant women, people with kidney issues must not take magnesium. Do not consume more than 350 mg of this or consult the expert before.
Lack of physical exercise and movements is also a significant reason for constipation. The exercise promotes the abdomen muscle movements and makes the digestion system healthy and constipation free. If you don’t want to do heavy lifts and moves, then you can also do
Simple walking or cycling, both are quite effective for constipation, bloating and acidity.
Spinach is a healthy and delicious vegetable as well as beneficial for constipation. Spinach contains calcium and phosphorus, and several minerals and vitamins, which can cure constipation, clean your bowl system and keep your intestine healthy and strong.
How to use
- Spinach can be added to many dishes, or you can directly eat half-boiled or half-cooked spinach. You can also make spinach soup with some lentils.
- The other option is to make spinach juice, grind some spinach, add some water, and drink it once a day. In a few days, you will get positive results.