How to use Coconut oil for Grey Hair? Premature grey hair is now not the trouble of older people as due to modern lifestyle, pollution, stress, harsh chemicals, using heating tools damaged hair from the tip to root. The use of coconut oil for grey hair breaks the myth and proves to prevent grey hair.
The pigment cells are responsible for hair colour, and grey hair stops increasing results. The combination of coconut oil and lemon can be a dilemma for some people as lemon is known for its lightning quality.
In This Article
- How to use Coconut oil for grey Hair
- Coconut Oil for Grey Hair
- Coconut oil and curry leaves for white hair
- Coconut oil and Curd for hair
- Coconut oil with aloe vera for hair
- Coconut oil and onion juice for grey hair
- Coconut oil and pumpkin for hair
- Coconut oil and neem for hair
- How to use Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice for Grey Hair
- Lemon and Coconut Oil for Hair Side Effects
- Disadvantages of Lemon juice on Hair
- Can coconut oil Reverse Grey Hair
How to use Coconut oil for grey Hair
1. Coconut Oil for Grey Hair
Coconut oil contains an anti-microbial property with vitamin C and vitamin B with lactic acid that regulates blood circulation and removes all scalp impurities. One can apply coconut oil to hair.
- Heat some coconut oil, or microwave it and massage properly in the scalp and don’t forget the tips.
- Leave it for 45-60 minutes, then wash off.
- Repeat twice a week.
2. Coconut oil and Curry Leaves
Curry leaves enhance the taste and contain unique components that can prevent premature grey hair.
- Heat some coconut oil add a handful of curry leaves to the pan, and let it heat on the medium flame for a few minutes until the leaves change their colour.
- Off the flame and let it cool down for a while, then sieve into a jar.
- Massage this well in the scalp, leave it for 60 minutes, then wash off.
- Repeat a week thrice.
3. Coconut oil and Curd
Curd has proved an excellent remedy to improve rough and dull hair, and it makes hair shiny, thick, and strong.
- Take half a cup of curd and add 2 tbsp. of melted coconut oil and mix well and apply this mixture on hair and massage the scalp for a few minutes, leave it for 45 minutes, then wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week.
4. Coconut oil with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is also anti-bacterial and healing quality that removes all the scalp impurities and repairs damaged hair.
- Extract some fresh aloe vera gel and mix 3-4 tbsp. Coconut oil and apply this well and massage for a few minutes.
- Keep it for an hour, then wash off.
- Repeat a week thrice for better results.
5. Coconut oil with Onion juice
Onion has acidic components and contains sulphur that provokes collagen growth that repairs damaged hair, prevents grey hair and promotes hair’s health and early growth.
- Heat some coconut oil grate or grind 1 onion and squeeze the juice using a thin cloth or strain it.
- Mix well and massage with it in the scalp, apply to the tips, leave it for half an hour, and then wash off.
- Repeat once a week.
- The onion odour can be weird, but it’s natural.
6. Coconut Oil and Pumpkin
It sounds crazy, but yes, pumpkin also has a few qualities that work efficiently when it comes to hair as it protects the natural colour of hair.
- Grate a pumpkin piece, strain the juice add some coconut oil according to your hair length and mix well.
- Apply this mixture and massage well, leave it for 60 minutes, and then wash off.
- Repeat twice a week, and you can also add some lemon juice.
7. Coconut oil and Neem
Neem is loaded with antioxidants that prevent premature grey hair; it regulates blood circulation kills scalp bacteria, naturally provokes hair growth and makes them longer and thicker.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan, add a handful of neem leaves and leave it for a few minutes on the slow flame until the leaves change their colour.
- Let the oil cool down, strain it in a jar, massage properly twice a week and use a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Note: if you have any allergic reaction with neem, avoid this.
Does Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice work for Grey Hair?
Most studies explained that regular usage of coconut oil and lemon juice nourishes the scalp and prevent premature grey hair, and here we are listing many excellent benefits of coconut oil and many more, so let’s start:-
How to use Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice for Grey Hair
- 3-4 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat a little coconut oil add lemon juice, mix well and massage this in your scalp, roots, and tips well for 10-15 minutes.
- Don’t comb after applying and cover it with a shower cap and leave it for an hour, then wash off using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week for better results.
Lemon and Coconut Oil for Hair Side Effects
Some experts believe that lemon juice on grey hair can’t be very effective because lemon has an acidic property with bleaching agents that can make hair dull and dry. Never apply lemon juice directly on hair as it can damage more.
The mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice can be effective when used appropriately. Some people aren’t assured about coconut oil as they count this unhealthy adding saturated fat that must be avoided.
Please don’t use it regularly and let your hair feel the freedom. Twice or thrice a week is enough and if you think it is unsuitable, skip it.
Disadvantages of Lemon juice on Hair
Excessive usage of Lemon is harmful to one’s hair. Citric acid is found in lemons and other citrus fruits. An excessive amount of lemon can cause hair to become dry and brittle. As a result, it is recommended to use at a moderate level.
Lemon juice, especially when it’s concentrated, can dry the hair. So, before applying it straight to your scalp, dilute the lemon juice with water.
Hair can be damaged if large amounts of lemon juice are applied to the hair, causing it to lose its lustre and become brittle.
Dos and Don’t
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated, and it enhances hair health naturally.
- Add more fruits and veggies to the diet.
- Avoid excess heating tools, harmful colours and other hair products.
- Do yoga and meditation to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Protect your hair from UV rays and avoid excess sun exposure.
Read Also: Biotin Benefits for Hair Growth
Can coconut oil Reverse Grey Hair?
Nevertheless, coconut oil is beneficial for hair. Many people won’t deny the positive effects of coconut oil as it protects the hair from oxidative stress and takes care of your strands.
The fact is, coconut oil can’t reverse grey hair, but yes, it prevents premature grey hair and repairs environmental damage and upcoming roots problems.