How to Treat Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) with 10 Home Remedies
How to treat urinary tract infection? UTI or urinary tract infection is one of the common but painful health issues that can target both men and women, but most women get affected by UTI.
UTI affects the bladder and causes bacteria or fungi infection. Here in this article, we will introduce you to how to treat urinary tract infection (UTI) with 10 simple and effective home remedies.
Causes of UTI
• Unhygienic habits
• Diabetes and pregnancy
• Holding urinate frequency
These causes can be responsible for UTI. During UTI, the urethra and tubes get infected, which can generate inflammation and excess pain in the lower abdomen, foul smell in urine, the urge of urine passing, vomiting, and nausea.
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection
- Abdominal Pain
- Frequent Urination
- Discoloration of urine
- Pain while urinating
If you feel such symptoms, then urgent treatment is necessary, but home remedies are also helpful for treating urinary tract infections.
How to Treat Urinary Tract (UTI) Infection at Home
Uti can be treated with right home remedies, and The issue is you’d have to keep your patience and do it regularly. here are the details mentioned on UTI-
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
How to treat uti with ACV? Apple cider vinegar is highly beneficial for UTI. Apple cider vinegar contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and it works as an antibiotic for killing bacteria and prevents UTI.
It has several useful enzymes and minerals, which treat the UTI as soon as possible. Make sure that you use organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for UTI
- Take one glass of water, mix 2 or 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and drink this water 2 times a day.
- You can also mix some honey and lime juice but do not add sugar. Repeat this remedy until you feel better.
2. Cranberry Juice
Drinking a small glass of cranberry juice can prevent you from UTI. Cranberry contains some special elements that are popular for killing bacteria.
Its antibiotic property heals the infection fast and naturally. You can buy cranberry juice from any superstore.
How to use Cranberry Juice for UTI
- Drink one glass of cranberry juice twice a day. Do not add sugar, or it can raise your trouble more.
- You can also mix some apple juice with cranberry juice. Repeat this remedy twice a day or until you feel good.
- This is the best home remedies for bladder infections in women.
3. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry or Amla is highly effective for UTI. Amla is a rich source of vitamin C, which kills the bacteria and helps to heal fast.
You can use fresh Amla juice or also can use dried Amla powder.
How to use Indian Gooseberry for UTI
- Boil 1 glass of water and add 2 tablespoons of dried Amla powder, let it boil for 15 to 20 minutes, then strain in a bowl. Let it cool down and drink this water twice a day.
- You can also grind some fresh Amla and extract the juice in a thin cheesecloth, mix some water, and drink this water twice a day.
Repeat this remedy until you get fine and healthy.
Also Read: Home remedies to increase immunity in infants
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda is the best home remedies for uti infections that works. Baking soda can also provide you the expected results on some days.
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate has anti-bacterial and acidic properties, which lowers the bacteria’s amount and flushes out the bacteria via urine.
With that, baking soda can be readily available at your home.
How to use Baking Soda for UTI
- Take one glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and drink it twice a day.
- Repeat this remedy for two weeks or until you feel healthy.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is quite useful for UTI; its anti-bacterial and healing property works great for treating urinary tract infection and prevents from it happening again and again.
How to use Tea Tree Oil for UTI
- Add 8 to 10 drops of tea tree oil into your bathing water and wash the urethra or vaginal door.
- The second option is, mix some tea tree oil with some sandalwood oil and gently massage it into your lower abdomen area; it will reduce the pain. Repeat this remedy twice a day.
You can also add tea tree oil to your bathing tub with some turmeric and yogurt. Soak yourself in this water for 10 minutes and do this process for two weeks.
6. Vitamin C
Vitamin C has such an ability to decrease the bacteria, and it prevents UTI as well. You must add vitamin C rich food into your routine. Orange, lime, bell peppers, etc., are a great source of vitamin C.
You can also take vitamin C supplements for better results. Vitamin C has acidic property, which kills bacteria and maintains the acidic level of the body.
Blueberries are quite favorable to many people because of their taste, but many of you are not aware that blueberries can prevent you from UTI. If you are already suffering from UTI, then it can provide you a healing sensation.
Blueberries include anti-healing and anti-oxidants, which expel out the bacteria and toxins from the body.
How to use Blueberries for UTI
- You can extract some blueberry juice at home and drink this juice twice a day. Make sure do not to add sugar.
- You can add blueberries to your morning cereal or also eat blueberries at any time of the day.
Drinking blueberry juice regularly can prevent urinary tract infections.
Pineapple is a super-food for preventing and treating UTI fast and naturally. Pineapple contains vitamin C and Bromelain; it is an essential pineapple component, which works as an antibiotic.
Its anti-inflammatory quality helps reduce the pain and burning sensation caused by UTI.
Eating a pineapple and pineapple juice both are effective for urinary infection.
Pineapple juice is the best way to treat uti. Try to avoid canned pineapple juice.
How to use Pineapple for UTI
- Cut a fresh pineapple into cubes and eat according to your wish twice a day.
You can also drink pineapple juice; if you feel it much sour, add some apple juice but do not add sugar.
Related: How to Deal with a Uti on your Period
9. Uva Ursi Herb
Uva Ursi is a natural herb and a gift of nature, which is a perfect ingredient for curing UTI.
Uva Ursi has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory components that are specially made for treating bacterial infections.
You can find this herb in any superstore and drug store. If you are allergic to new herbs, then first consult your doctor about the proper intake of Uva Ursi.
How to use Uva Ursi for UTI
- Take a handful of dried Uva Ursi leaves and boil this in some water; you can also add simple tea leaves.
- Boil it for 10 minutes and drink this herbal tea twice a day. Repeat this remedy until you feel better.
Special Note: – pregnant women, children, and people with kidney or liver disease must avoid this herb.
10. Drinking water
Water is a powerful source for treating UTI and other body issues. Drinking plenty of water in a day can prevent you from UTI. You must drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
If you don’t want to drink plain water, you can also add some lime juice but never add sugar to it. Drinking enough water will keep you hydrated and expel out the toxins and bacteria from the body.
Fresh fruit juice can also be beneficial for urinary tract infections.
Frequently Asked Question & Answers-
Q. What is the best home remedy for UTI?
A. Drinking a lot of water, consuming more vitamin c, Intake of soda, Drinking cranberry and pineapple juice these are the best home remedy for UTI.
Q. What causes urinary tract infections?
A. Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a form of infection that attacks the kidneys, ureter, bladder, or urethra. UTIs are typically caused by bacteria, fungi may rarely infect the urinary tract as well.
Q. Can a UTI Go Away on its Own?
A. A bladder infection can recover on its own but it does not really, most of the time but untreated uti infections can spread to other areas of the body, including the kidney, which can put their lives at risk.
So as you see, all the home remedies for UTI are very easy to follow but trust us that they are quite useful.
But if you still feel much discomfort and excess pain, you must visit your doctor because a delay can also be dangerous. Treating UTI will take some time to cure, so do not worry and follow all the instructions properly and stay healthy.