UTI or urinary tract infection is one of the common but painful health issues, which can target men and women both but mostly women get affected by UTI.
UTI affects the bladder and the urinary tract causes bacteria or fungi infection. Here in this article, we are going to introduce you to, how to treat urinary tract infections (UTI) with 10 simple and effective home remedies.
Causes of UTI
• Unhygienic habits
• Diabetes and pregnancy
• Holding urinate frequency
These causes can be responsible for UTI. During UTI urethra and tubes get infected which can generate inflammation and excess pain in the lower abdomen, foul smell in urine, the urge of urine passing, vomiting, and nausea.
If you feel such symptoms, then urgent treatment is necessary but home remedies are also helpful for treating urinary tract infection.
How to Treat a UTI at Home
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is highly beneficial for UTI. Apple cider vinegar contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties as well as it work as an antibiotic for killing bacteria and prevents from UTI.
It has several good enzymes and minerals, which treat the UTI as soon as possible. Make sure that use organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for UTI–
- Take one glass of water and mix 2 or 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and drink this water 2 times in a day.
- You can also mix some honey and lime juice but do not add sugar. Repeat this remedy until you feel better.
2. Cranberry Juice
Drinking a small glass of cranberry juice can prevent you from UTI. Cranberry contains some special elements that are popular for killing bacteria.
Its antibiotic property heals the infection fast and naturally. You can buy cranberry juice from any superstore.
How to use Cranberry Juice for UTI–
- Simply drink one glass of cranberry juice twice in a day. Do not add sugar or it can raise your trouble more.
- You can also mix some apple juice in cranberry juice. Repeat this remedy twice in a day or until you feel good.
3. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry or Amla is highly effective for UTI. Amla is a rich source of vitamin C, which kills the bacteria and helps to heal fast.
You can use fresh Amla juice or also can use dried Amla powder.
How to use Indian Gooseberry for UTI–
- Boil 1 glass of water and add 2 tablespoons of dried Amla powder, let it boil for 15 to 20 minutes then strain in a bowl. Let it cool down and drink this water twice in a day.
- You can also grind some fresh Amla and extract the juice in a cheese thin cloth, mix some water and drink this water twice in a day.
Repeat this remedy until you get fine and healthy.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda can also provide you the expected results in some days. Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate has anti-bacterial and acidic properties, which lowers the bacteria’s amount and flushes out the bacteria via urine. With that baking soda can be easily available at your home.
How to use Baking Soda for UTI–
- Take one glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and simply drink it twice in a day.
- Repeat this remedy for two weeks or until you feel healthy.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is quite effective for UTI, its anti-bacterial and healing property works great for treating urinary tract infection and prevents from it happening again and again.
How to use Tea Tree Oil for UTI–
- Add 8 to 10 drops of tea tree oil into your bathing water and wash the urethra or vaginal door.
- The second option is, mix some tea tree oil with some sandalwood oil and gently massage it into your lower abdomen area, it will reduce the pain. Repeat this remedy twice in a day.
You can also add tea tree oil to your bathing tub with some turmeric and yogurt. Soak yourself in this water for 10 minutes and do this process for two weeks.
6. Vitamin C
Vitamin C has such an ability to decrease the bacteria, and it prevents from UTI as well. You must add vitamin C rich food into your routine. Orange, lime, bell peppers etc are the great source of vitamin C.
You can also take vitamin C supplements for better results. Vitamin C has acidic property, which kills bacteria and maintains the acidic level of the body.
Blueberries are quite favorable of many people because of its taste but many of you are not aware that blueberries can prevent you from UTI and if you are already suffering from UTI, then it can provide you a healing sensation.
Blueberries include anti-healing and anti-oxidants, which expel out the bacteria and toxins from the body.
How to use Blueberries for UTI–
- You can extract some blueberry juice at home and simply drink this juice twice in a day. Make sure do not add sugar.
- You can add blueberries in your morning cereal or also simply eat blueberries in any time of the day.
Drinking blueberries juice on the regular basis can prevent you from urinary tract infection.
Pineapple is a super-food for preventing and treating UTI fast and naturally. Pineapple contains vitamin C and Bromelain; it is a basic component of pineapple, which work as an antibiotic and its anti-inflammatory quality help to reduce the pain and burning sensation caused UTI.
Eating a pineapple and pineapple juice both are effective for urinary infection. Try to avoid canned pineapple juice.
How to use Pineapple for UTI–
- Simply cut a fresh pineapple into cubes and eat according to your wish twice in a day.
You can also drink pineapple juice, if you feel it much sour, then add some apple juice but do not add sugar.
Related: Health Benefits of Eating Pineapple
9. Uva Ursi Herb
Uva Ursi is actually a natural herb and a gift of nature, which is a perfect ingredient for curing UTI.
Uva Ursi has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory components that are specially made for treating bacterial infection.
You can find this herb in any superstore and drug store. If you are allergic to new herbs, then first consult to your doctor about the proper intake of Uva Ursi.
How to use Uva Ursi for UTI–
- Take a handful of dried Uva Ursi leaves and boil this in some water, you can also add simple tea leaves.
- Boil it for 10 minutes and drink this herbal tea twice in a day. Repeat this remedy until you feel better.
Special Note: – pregnant women, children and people with kidney or liver disease must avoid this herb.
10. Drinking water
Water is a powerful source for treating UTI and other body issues. Drinking plenty of water in a day can prevent you from UTI. You must drink 8 to 10 glass of water a day.
If you don’t want to drink plain water, then you can also add some lime juice but never add sugar to the water. Drinking enough water will keep you hydrated and expel out the toxins and bacteria from the body.
Fresh fruit juice can be also beneficial for urinary tract infection.
So as you see that all the home remedies for UTI are very easy to follow but trust us that they are quite effective.
But if you still feeling much discomfort and excess pain, then must visit your doctor because a delay can be also dangerous. Treating UTI will take some time to cure so do not worry and follow all the instructions properly and stay healthy.