Are you looking honey and cinnamon benefits for skin cough and arthritis? Honey and cinnamon have traditionally been household items that possess immense health benefits. You might have been using these ingredients individually, but when used in combination has an additive effect. Honey is available in raw or refined form. The refined form of honey is readily available in the market and has good nutritional value.
The other component, Cinnamon, is available in two varieties cassia cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon. Cassia cinnamon is readily available and is widely used than the other one.
Honey and Cinnamon Benefits for skin, Cough and Arthritis
Here are some of the fantastic benefits of cinnamon and honey mixture, along with directions for preparation
1. Honey and Cinnamon for Acne
The anti-bacterial properties of the two ingredients help fight bacteria and prevent the formation of ugly spots on the skin. The sticky honey can also help in removing dirt and debris from the skin.
Cinnamon facilitates the formation of collagen and hence can also be used as an anti-aging agent.
- Make a thick paste of honey and cinnamon and apply it to the affected area.
- Leave the mixture for 15 mins and wash it with lukewarm water.
2. Honey and Cinnamon for Cough and Cold
Honey has been traditionally used in preventing cough. Cinnamaldehyde, in cinnamon, has immunomodulating properties.
The two ingredients work together to strengthen immune strength and protect from seasonal changes.
The combination of honey and cinnamon can also help prevent sinuses, cough, and cold in the winter season.
- In lukewarm water, add a pinch of cinnamon powder and honey to taste and drink it in the morning or at bedtime.
- You can also add little lemon juice.
3. Honey and Cinnamon for Arthritis
Studies support the use of cinnamon to prevent bone resorption. It acts on osteoclast cells and prevents bone damage.
Both cinnamon and honey possess anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent inflammation of joints, therefore relieving pain.
Cinnamon also improves blood circulation and hence can help reduce joint swelling.
- The mixture can be applied as a paste on the affected joints or used as a drink.
- One teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one tablespoon of honey in lukewarm is all you need to get relief from arthritis pain.
4. Honey and Cinnamon for Weight loss
Honey helps in preventing the deposition of fat in the body, and cinnamon suppresses appetite. When the mixture is consumed and the diet and exercise, it helps people lose weight and be in good health. The combination also helps in removing belly fat.
- Take one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, one tablespoon of honey, and one cup of water.
- In hot water, add the cinnamon powder and let it steep for 15 mins.
- Once the mixture has reached room temperature, add honey. Consume this mixture twice daily on an empty stomach (morning and evening)
Don’t miss: Coriander seeds water benefits for thyroid
5. Helps Treat Indigestion and Other Gastric Issues
Honey is full of nutrients. When consumed gets absorbed quickly, giving you instant energy and strength, it soothes the membranes of the digestive tract and prevents the growth of bacteria, H. pylori.
It also initiates the release of gastric juices hence valuable for indigestion. Cinnamon relieves heartburn, cramps, and decreased secretion of gastric acid.
- Consume two tablespoons of honey sprinkled with a pinch of cinnamon before meals.
6. Cinnamon and Honey for Heart Disease
Honey and cinnamon are packed with antioxidants that prevent free radical damage in the body and hence are pretty helpful in reducing the risk of heart diseases.
People with high blood pressure and increased levels of LDL and VLDL are at increased risk.
The combination of honey and cinnamon also reduces chronic inflammation, one of the main factors that cause heart diseases.
- Cinnamon and honey are good taste, and you can make a tasty spread on it to apply it to the bread.
- You can make the paste in equal parts or as per your taste buds.
7. Honey and Cinnamon Lower Cholesterol
A mixture of cinnamon and honey helps in lowering bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Honey is also known to increase HDL, the good cholesterol in the body. It is also effective in treating cholesterol in patients with diabetes.
- Take honey, cinnamon powder, and green teacups in 3: 2: 2 proportions; green tea can also be replaced with normal water.
- Mix all three ingredients and consume the mixture three times a day. This mixture is quite helpful in reducing chronic cholesterol.
8. Honey and cinnamon Enhance Immunity
Cinnamon and Honey possess ingredients that have antibacterial and antioxidants properties. These two agents help in preventing seasonal allergies and infections.
It removes oxidative stress and flushes out chemicals from the body. Regular consumption boosts immunity and prevents autoimmune diseases.
Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties that relieve pain and inflammation. The combination improves blood circulation, providing nutrients and oxygen to all body parts and strengthening the immune system.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon powder in lukewarm honey water. Consume the syrup twice daily on an empty stomach.
9. Honey and Cinnamon for Infertility
Cinnamon and honey are packed with multivitamins and minerals. These nutrients provide energy to the reproductive tract. It stimulates the ovary and improves the menstrual cycle.
It is also effective in treating uterine fibroids and PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). PCOS is one of the gynecological problems that affect fertility in women, and cinnamon helps you regulate the menstrual cycle.
In men, cinnamon is found to improve sperm count.
- Make a thick paste of cinnamon and honey and apply it to the gums.
- The mixture slowly gets absorbed in the body and exerts its beneficial effects.
Cinnamon and honey are two traditionally used medicinal compounds that have been scientifically proven to have various health benefits.
The combination helps prevent and control cholesterol, heart diseases, inflammatory diseases, infertility, skin infection, pimples, cold and flu, and immunity.
The mixture can be consumed as tea or applied as a paste. The sweet and spicy solution in lukewarm water is good to be consumed on an empty stomach.
We hope that after going through the above honey and cinnamon benefits for skin cough and arthritis will surely help you. So don’t delay to take the benefits of it.