In today’s world, one cannot imagine their routine without an internet connection. The Internet has become part and parcel of life and is very useful in daily activities whether it is personal or professional.
Initially, people use to get connected to the internet through wired channels, and with the evolution and introduction of smartphones, one can get access to the internet on phone.
Smartphones are the must-have gadget of all individuals with an internet connection. Wi-Fi allows people to get hotspots to connect to the internet. here Check out the Dangers of WiFi:
The Dangers of WiFi:
The wireless wi-fi routers emit electromagnetic radiations that exert adverse effects on the body both physically and psychologically.
It creates oxidative stress in the body causing damage to vital organs, brain, heart, and reproductive system. With time, one can find difficulty in physiological and neurological performance.
1. Development of Insomnia:
Adequate sleep and a defined schedule of the sleep cycle are quite important to maintain overall health and vitality. People who constantly use cell phones and wifi will find it difficult to fall asleep, this is because of low-frequency modulation emitted from these devices.
2. Affects Brain Function:
Constant use of the internet can affect the proper functioning of the brain resulting in loss of concentration and memory.
3. Causes Cardiac Stress:
Wifi can increase the heart rate and the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Neutralizes Sperm:
It affects men’s fertility. It damages the sperm DNA causing fragmentation and the sperms will not be available for fertilization, if at all fertilization occurs, it can cause fetal abnormalities. EMR also affects sperm movement.
5. Increases the Risk of Cancer:
Wifi emits electromagnetic radiation that increases the risk of cancer. It potentiates the multiplication of cells.
ALSO READ: 15 Cancer Symptoms in Women shouldn’t Ignore
6. Make you Tired:
People using wifi are constantly sitting at one place and working on the diseases, it results in chronic fatigue.
7. Risk of Miscarriage:
Shocking new research appears to suggest that mobile phones and WiFi signals may increase the risk of miscarriage in pregnant women by nearly 50%. Pregnant women should avoid keeping phones near their bellies as radiations are constantly emitted through it. The radiofrequency radiations emitted from wi-fi affect cellular development and affects growing tissues.
8. Affects of wifi on Children:
The effects of wifi on children cannot be ignored and children should be encouraged to avoid its use and go out for outdoor physical activity. A child’s skull will be thin and absorbs all the harmful radiation. Here is the list of effects of wifi on children
- Behavioral problems: Phone addiction is quite dangerous in children and they cannot restrain themselves from using phones. Behavioral problems are quite common in children when asked to stop its usage. It also results in ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Nausea, Earaches, and headaches are also common due to the usage of wifi
- Difficulty in vision and vision problems are also common due to the usage of phones
- Auto-immune diseases
- Girls keeping phones in bra area can result in breast cancers
Measures to prevent its adverse effects
- It is impossible to avoid usage of wifi, but take measures to keep it at a distance. Try to use cable phones and go for texting rather than talking as it eliminates EMR.
- Keep your device away from the body and if possible keep it in a bag. As all the effect is due to the wifi radiations, try to keep the phone on airplane mode or turn it off.
- Avoid placing a wireless router in your kitchen or bedroom.
- If you’re pregnant, don’t keep the phone close to the belly.
- Children are the worst affected as it slows their physical and mental development. Considering its risk-benefit ratio, it is always good to use wifi in moderation and switch it off when not in use.
- Disconnect all Wi-Fi devices before going to sleep.
Wifi is a silent killer that slowly and gradually affects the body. One has to take all the necessary precautionary measures to prevent its adverse effects.