Today, we will like to talk about the guava juice benefits and side effects, which is rich in minerals and antioxidants. Nothing is more precious than health, and who doesn’t know that fresh green fruits play an essential role in keeping us healthy from the inside. It’s the choice of foods that build up the way towards a healthy lifestyle, and indeed, it needs a long practice.
Therefore, we must include fresh fruits and vegetables in our diet plan from growing age. However, there are lots of fruits in the basket.
It is exceptionally wholesome for healthy bone, cancer prevention, fighting against cold, asthma, and gout, and improving immunity. Discover the healing power of guava juice benefits and side effects with us.
What is Guava and How it is Beneficial for us
Guava is a delicious fruit with lots of nutrients. It is a rich source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and loads of antioxidants. One medium-size guava fruit contains the following
- Calories – 45
- Protein— 1gm
- Carbohydrate— 10 gm
- Fiber— 5gm
Apart from that, we can obtain 15% of vitamin A and a smaller portion of niacin, vitamin B6, thiamine, and riboflavin, and minerals like magnesium and potassium as per our daily requirement by consuming it.
Guava Juice Benefits and side effects
This humble-looking fruit has plentiful nutrition factors and health benefits. It tastes delicious when we take it as a fruit with a pinch of salt or chat masala.
Still, other than that, guava is widely used for juices, making jam or jellies, and has some culinary uses in Mexico and other Latin American countries. So let us check how guava causes some benefits to our all-over health.
1) Guava juice boost up immunity potential.
2) Daily consumption of guava could be helpful to prevent cancer.
3) It helps to control blood sugar, and thus it’s a diabetic-friendly fruit.
4) It is helpful in chronic constipation.
5) Guava juice is beneficial to cure acne and other skin problems.
6) It is loaded with calcium, foliate and other minerals. Therefore it is incredibly beneficial for pregnant women.
7) Guava juice helps to grow bones stronger.
8) Guava juice is enriched with vitamin A, which improves eye function.
9) Guava juice is useful for weight loss management as it is full of dilatory fiber, and it’s an excellent snack to fill up the stomach.
10) Guava is a healthy fruit to keep the sodium-potassium level of our body in balance, and also it helps to lower bad cholesterol.
Other Guava Juice Benefits
A) Guava Juice for treating cold
Cold and cough are typical during season changes and winter. Sniffing and running nose and a sore throat, congestion, and cough are common occurrences that we have to suffer around the year.
Therefore it’s necessary to solve these issues with some home remedies as random use of antibiotics may harm our body.
Nature has offered us so many natural herbs and fruits with medicinal properties to quickly build up immunity to resist such flu and cold.
Guava is such a great fruit with lots of therapeutic properties, and it is useful for us in many forms.
Yes! Guava is much more than only a tasty treat to our tongue. This fruit works effectively in cold as it is.
- Rich in vitamin C
- Rich in Iron.
These two components have made guava a powerful fighter against a cough and cold. Based on various scientific studies, we can say that the daily consumption of fruits loaded with vitamin c helps develop resistance power against the cold and flu-causing virus.
- One Medium size guava.
- One cup of lemon juice.
- One teaspoon of honey.
- One cup of water.
• Cut the guava and de-seeded it. Put it in the grinder with one cup of water to extract the juice.
• Strain the guava juice in a bowl.
• Mix the other ingredients like lemon juice, honey with it and mix well. You can also add some water if you want.
• Take this juice every day to boost up your vitamin c level.
Don’t miss: Benefits of Drinking Noni Juice and Side Effects
B) Guava Juice to Treat Gout
Gout is a typical type of arthritis that causes swelling and stiffness of joints and intense pain in the joints.
The main reason for developing gout is excessive deposition of uric acid in the bloodstream.
The uric acid accumulates in crystal form in the joints, which causes the pain. To prevent this painful condition, it’s necessary to include alkaline fruits and vegetables and low Purin content.
So from this point of view, guava juice is the best option for those suffering from gout.
C) Guava Juice to Treat Asthma
Asthma is a simple breathing problem. It started when the lungs’ air paths come in touch with some irritants, it gets inflamed and becomes narrow, and we feel the pain to breathe.
Lets us check how guava is beneficial in asthma. Fruits with enough vitamins usually reduce breathlessness and improve lung functions.
- Guava is enriched with vitamin C.
- It is a natural antihistamine, and due to this property, vitamin C enriched fruits are a great healer for allergic or breathing problems like asthma.
- Red-guava, which is another variety of guava, also has an anti-asthma nutrient, lycopene.
- Lycopene is beneficial to protect against asthma or breathing problem, which crises due to exercises. It’s the antioxidant properties in lycopene that work to reduce exercise-induced asthma.
- Extract one cup of guava juice from fresh guava.
- Take one onion.
- One cup of orange juice.
- One cup of lemon juice.
- Dip the whole onion in a glass of water and leave it overnight.
- Strain the liquid in the morning.
- Add the guava extract, lemon juice, and orange juice together.
- Drink this mixture every morning to get rid of asthma
You might also like: Benefits of Drinking Beetroot Juice Daily
D) Guava Juice to Treat Ibs
IBS is a common belly disorder that influences the large intestine; it starts along with discomfort in the belly and creates troubles in regular bowel habits.
Individuals facing this problem either develop constipation or diarrhea. The stool texture also gets changes; either it gets too hard or too soft.
The problem comes with discomfort like cramping, gas formation, pain in the abdominal region, and bloating.
Let Us check how guava is helpful for Ibs.
- Guava Juice is a rich source of dilatory fiber. Lack of fiber for a long time may cause constipation, so our diet must contain some fruits that have enough fiber.
- Due to this property, it helps in the digestion process.
- Guava seeds are natural laxative that helps to improve irritable bowel movement.
Treat Ibs with Guava Leaves
- To treat IBS, you need Dry Guava Leaves.
- One liter of water,
- Grind the dry guava leaves to form a powder.
- Take 10 to 15 teaspoons of this powder.
- Add this powder to one liter of water and boil it for 10 to 15 minutes. You will get a liqueur-like liquid,
- Allow it to cool down.
- Separate the liquid with a Strainer and drink it twice a day regularly to relieve IBS problems.
Guava Juice Side Effects
There are no reported harmful side effects of guava juice intake.
Guava juice is rich in fiber. High Fabric may cause some temporary digestive side effects, such as: bloating, gas, or bowel movement changes.
People with kidney stones should stop consuming guava or its juice. Seeds, in particular, begin to develop kidney stones.
If anyone consumes raw guava and drink sufficient water, they may cause stomach cramps.
So Friends, we hope that after going through the above guava juice benefits and side effects will surely help you. So don’t delay to take the benefits of it.
Guava is readily available in the market and being rich in nutrients. It can fulfill your nutrition requirement daily.
Not only for health, but guava juice is the best option to get glowing skin also as it is rich in antioxidants. So Don’t takes the time to include this super fruit into your food list.