If the pungent odor is the only reason why you stay away from this herb so far, surprisingly, there are hundreds of health benefits that will make you fall for it. Yes! I am talking about Garlic, the powerful little herb used as medicine from the ancient age.
Apart from being a taste enhancer spice, garlic was used to ward off evil spirits in the ancient age. It is one kind of versatile herb that has been used to serve mankind since the dawn of medicine till now.
But still, it’s shocking that we avoid these beneficial herbs. It makes our breath a little fragrant. To clear out all the confusion and to discuss the Benefits of Eating Raw Garlic in Empty Stomach every day, we are here with this article, and I am pretty sure that after going through this article, you will love to take raw garlic daily.
In this Article
- How garlic is Beneficial
- Benefits of eating raw garlic in empty stomach
- How to eat garlic raw
- How to Eat Garlic for Weight Loss
- Side effects of eating raw garlic everyday
How garlic is Beneficial
Garlic has been considered one of the super herbs with huge potential properties. Though there of differences of opinion on when and how to intake garlic, maximum studies show that garlic works best in raw conditions and on an empty stomach.
It works as a natural antibiotic when it takes in before breakfast. Fresh garlic holds the maximum beneficial compounds like allicin, unavailable from cooked garlic.
Benefits of Eating Raw Garlic in Empty Stomach
Unlike the onion, Garlic comes under the Lily family, and it is one of the integral parts of every kitchen to make delicious dishes. As an herb, it is native to Central Asia and Iran and is widely used as a seasoning spice. In Ayurved, garlic has different uses for its contribution to health benefits from the ancient age.
According to Ayurved, garlic has five tastes, pungent, sour, bitter, astringent, and sweet.
In culinary arts, garlic is used to enhance the flavor of the food with its unique aroma. So let us see how this unique super herb is helpful to manage different health issues.
1. Natural Antibiotics
Garlic works as a natural anti-bacterial agent when it is fresh and raw. In the raw state, it contains allicin that kills viruses and bacteria. So easting a clove of raw garlic just before our breakfast enables it to kill inflectional germs in the stomach.
Not only that, it helps our body to get rid of harmful; toxins as it works as a potent antioxidant.
2. Highly Nutritious with Low-Calorie Content
The small garlic clove is a massive storehouse of nutrients. It is an abundant source of vitamin B6 and vitamin C. It contains minerals like copper, selenium, and sulfur compounds. All the health benefits from this alliums herb are due to sulfur compounds.
It is said that garlic has almost 33 different types of sulfur compounds, a variety of enzymes, 17 kinds of amino acids, and fiber.
Due to beneficial chemical compounds in a high percentage, Garlic provides us with the solution for many health issues. On the other hand, its calorie content is very low, so daily consumption does not increase weight.
3. Improve Heart Health
Garlic supports us to maintain ongoing cardiovascular health. Various researchers have proclaimed that antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties in Garlic reduce the risk of unwanted inflammation within blood arteries, as inflammation can damage the inner wall of blood vessels.
So if we consume one clove of raw garlic on an empty stomach before breakfast, we can live in the safe zone and avoid the risk of forming plaque and even restrict the clogging inside the blood vessels.
4. Boost Up Immunity
We all are prone to the common cold and flu during season changes, which make us physically weak. Consuming a raw garlic clove in the morning can help us combat this situation as garlic boosts immunity power as it can fight viruses and bacteria.
So it is recommended to include raw garlic in your diet plan to boost up the immunity power so that the killer cells inside our system can damage all invaders.
5. Control Blood Pressure
Garlic has a wide range of benefits that helps us to stay fit and healthy. One of which is to control the blood pressure level. Allicin, the vital ingredient in garlic, helps regulate blood pressure levels.
A research result reveals a significant reduction in systolic blood pressure in those who take allicin enriched food, such as garlic, daily. A fresh clove of raw garlic contains almost 5mg to 9mg of allicin.
6. Helps in Insulin Management
Yes! A small clove of garlic daily could be helpful for those who are tired of taking medicines to control insulin levels.
Garlic has a compound called Allyl Propyl disulfides, S-allyl cysteine sulfoxide, and allicin, which improves insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetes patients.
7. Garlic Improves Intestinal Function
Indigestion is a common issue for all of us, and it increases as we grow old. The inclusion of fresh, raw garlic cloves at the beginning of the day can help sort out a permanent solution to this problem.
Nature has bestowed anti-inflammation properties on this herb, which can improve the irregular function of our intestines. So whether we are suffering from diarrhea, colitis, or chronic dysentery, Garlic has the power to cure the problem by eliminating the harmful bacteria.
Moreover, garlic influences the secretion of various gastric juices appropriately and reduces the inflammation in the digestive canals.
8. Get Glowing Skin with Garlic
The most sensitive part of our body is the skin. Even a tiny pimple is enough to make us stressed. So prevention is the best way, so starting our day with a piece of garlic can be helpful.
Daily intake of garlic can make our skin glowing. Their antioxidant property helps combat the free radicals and thus delay aging and wrinkle.
9. Garlic Eliminate Toxins and Other Impurities
Using garlic to reduce metallic toxins from the body is an age-old method. Vitamin C in garlic improves liver function. It also helps to increase the good cholesterol or HDL in our blood.
Taking garlic on an empty stomach may influence bile secretion and stimulate the clean liver impurity properly.
10. Build Up Strong Bones
A small clove of garlic hosts so many nutritious minerals and vitamins. All these minerals, along with antioxidants and enzymes, help maintain bone health by assisting in the formation of bones and building up connective tissues.
How to Eat Garlic raw?
To get all the benefits from garlic, you have to include it at least once a day. Let us check how you can use garlic in your diet plan:
1) To reduce hypertension, take four garlic cloves in the morning.
2) To lose the tough belly fat, use raw garlic cloves every morning with a glass of lemon water.
3) Consume 2 or 3 fresh garlic with salads to improve bone health.
4) To get rid of acne and pimples, freshly cut 2 or 3 cloves of garlic and smash them to get the juice. Apply the juice to the infected area and after 2 minutes, wash it off.
5) To lower cholesterol, it is recommended to take garlic cloves with a teaspoon of honey.
How to Eat Garlic for Weight Loss
Here are a few tips that may help you include garlic for weight loss in your diet in a way that is both healthy and satisfying:
- Start by including small amounts of garlic in your meals – Whether you add it to a salad, cook with it, or incorporate it into a garlic bread recipe, starting small will help you get used to the flavor and find the right amount for you.
- Add garlic to smoothies – A great way to get some extra nutrients and antioxidants into your diet is by adding garlic to your smoothies. This will provide you with all the benefits of garlic supplementation, but it also tastes great!
- Snack on roasted garlic is a great way to add flavor and nutrients to your snacks without adding too many calories or fat. Roast a few cloves of garlic and enjoy as a healthy snack alternative.
- Use garlic in recipes – There are innumerable recipes that call for some form of garlic, so don’t be afraid to experiment! There’s no harm in trying something new, and chances are you’ll love the results!
Side effects of eating raw garlic everyday
Excessive eating of raw garlic may cause the following side effects:
• Intolerable body odor.
• Burning sensation in mouth and adjacent area.
• May produce gas.
• May cause diarrhea.
• Itching sensation when applied to the skin.
Q. How to eat garlic to reduce cholesterol?
Ans- Include garlic in your diet regularly – One of the most effective ways to reduce your cholesterol levels is by including garlic in your regular diet. Or you can take garlic cloves with a teaspoon of honey early morning empty stomach.
Q. How to eat garlic in the morning?
Ans- Garlic cloves are the most common form of garlic and they can be eaten raw. Raw cloves can be added to salads, smoothies, soup or with honey.
So, friends, we hope that after going through the above benefits of eating raw garlic in the morning, you are ready to put up with bad breath as you can gain lots of health benefits from this miracle herb.
Be sure to read: Milk garlic honey benefits
- Proven Health Benefits of Garlic-A Review – ResearchGate
- (PDF) Potential Health Benefits of Garlic ( Allium Sativum )
- Garlic: a review of potential therapeutic effects – PMC – NCBI