What is the best drink to flush your kidneys? The kidney performs a very significant role in your body as it eliminates wastes and toxins out of your blood. It is positioned at the posterior side of your abdomen that produces hormones to maintain good health. The kidneys are responsible for removing toxins and waste from the blood stream.
Though it is a self-cleaning organ, it often suffers from kidney stones, bloating, skin rashes, acne, eczema, pain in kidneys, fatigue, UTIs, etc. In such cases, you need to cleanse your kidneys to get rid of miserable health conditions.
In this Article
What is the Best Drink to Flush your Kidneys?
If you would like to detoxify your kidneys, The first thing you need to do is changing your eating habits, then Incorporate some juices into your diet. Be with us to know what is the best drink to cleanse your kidneys–
1. Corn silk
If you are in search of what to drink for kidneys? Corn silk is considered one of the best detoxifiers. It encourages urine production and eliminates wastes, toxins, and water out of your body just because of its diuretic nature.
Alternatively, it helps treat kidney stones as well as bladder infections.
How to use
- Take two tablespoons of dried corn silk.
- Pour it into the bowl of boiling water and let it steep for 12-15 minutes.
- Strain it and drink the tea twice or thrice within a day.
- Also, you have to drink an ample amount of water or other fluids while consuming corn silk tea. Only that, it will efficiently cleanse your kidneys.
It belongs to the family of herbs that is an active cleansing agent. It not only detox your kidneys but also cleanse your liver.
Also, it purifies your blood too to a great extent. Its anti-inflammatory qualities aids in mitigating kidney infection as well as inflammations.
How to use
- Take a half tablespoon of turmeric powder and an equal amount of dry ginger powder.
- Add the powders into two cups of boiling water and let it boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain the solution and mix one tablespoon of maple syrup and a half tablespoon of lemon juice with the solution.
- Consume the drink daily for a few weeks to get beneficial upshots.
- Another option is adding one tablespoon of raw turmeric juice, one tablespoon of lemon juice, little honey, and a pinch of cayenne powder into a cup of hot water.
- Drink this mixture once a day.
- Furthermore, you can prefer to eat raw turmeric.
It is one of the most reliable ingredients that is widely used to detox and cleanse your kidneys.
It helps to wash harmful toxins and damaging elements out of your kidneys. It cleanses your liver and aids in improving the digestive system too.
How to use
- Take two tablespoons of fresh and grated ginger.
- Add the ginger into two cups of boiling water.
- Leave it to simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Strain it, and then add lemon juice and honey to make it a delicious drink.
- You should sip this ginger tea two or three times a day to get the desired results within a short interval of time.
- Also, it is recommended to add ginger while cooking your meals.
- Additionally, you can chew ginger slices in the morning that maintains the good health of your kidneys.
4. Lemon juice
What is the Best Drink to Flush your Kidneys? Yes, it’s lemon! It carries natural cleansing properties that help to cut down the toxins and harmful bacteria in your body.
It is acidic (citric acid) in nature and a rich vitamin C source that promotes citrate amount in urine. Alternatively, it restricts the formation of kidney stones. So you can drinks to flush kidney stones too.
How to use
- Take two fresh lemons and cut them into half portions.
- Squeeze the slices of lemon to extract its juice.
- Mix the juice extracted into a cup of cold water and drink it for several weeks or months until you feel the difference.
5. Beet juice
Beet contains an essential component called Betaine. This component is a potent and effective phytochemical. It has antioxidant nature and enhances the amount of acid in urine.
Thus, it erases the struvite as well as calcium phosphate from your kidneys. As a result, it maintains kidneys’ health in good condition, improves its functioning, and reduces kidney stones’ risk.
How to use
- Grab 2-4 fresh beets and peel them off.
- Cut them into small pieces and then put them into a blender to obtain beet juice.
- Drink it several times a day. It will not only improve your kidney health but proffers overall health benefits.
- You can eat beetroot in your breakfast or as a salad.
- It is one of the best drink for kidneys
How to flush out your kidneys with water melon juice? It is one of the official fruits of the summer season. It is not only a refreshing but also a nutritious as well as healthy fruit.
It is highly loaded with potassium components and carries an enormous amount (99%) of water.
All these qualities are more than enough to detox and cleanse your kidneys thoroughly. It flushes out the factors that are responsible for the ill health of your kidneys.
How to use
- Take a fresh watermelon and cut it into slices after peeling off.
- Also, take a ¼ tablespoon of honey and one peeled lime.
- Mix the small portions of watermelon with peeled lime, and then add honey to the mixture.
- Stir this mixture well and blend them for a minute.
- Consume the delicious drink several times a day to cleanse your kidneys efficiently.
7. Cranberry Juice
If you are looking for a simple and effective natural method to detox your kidneys properly, cranberry juice is best drink for your kidneys.
It desolates factors such as calcium oxalate element that is a significant cause of ill health of kidneys.
It removes the kidney stones and restricts their formation too. In added to, it is a most suited drink to deal with urinary tract ailments.
How to use
- Take cranberries and freeze them for a few hours.
- Grab and wash them properly and then boil for a few minutes.
- Reduce the flame and let them cook until they burst slightly.
- Grab a cheesecloth and strain the juice.
- Again heat the juice for 5-6 minutes after straining.
- Make the juice chilled and then have it 3-4 times a day for a few weeks or months.
Be sure to read: How to Keep your Kidneys Healthy and Clean
Now you have got the solution for what is the best thing to drink to clean out your kidneys. Besides the natural method, here are some additional tips to help clean and detox your kidney and efficiently.
- Exercise regularly or work hard to maintain your blood pressure as well as blood sugar.
- Eat healthy foods such as fresh fruits, whole-grain foods, leafy vegetables, etc.
- Ignore fried, salty, and processed foods.
- Reduce your excess weight.
- Say no to alcohol, smoking, tobacco, caffeine, and other addiction supplements.
- Drink various healthy liquid combinations and a variety of juices.
- Drink plenty of water.
Q. How much cranberry juice should you drink a day for your kidneys?
Ans- Drinking at least 2 cups of cranberry juice per day to help improve your kidney function. The American Dietetic Association (ADA) recommends averaging two cups of cranberry juice a day – one in the morning and the other in the evening. This will help to promote regular kidney function and reduce the risk of developing chronic kidney disease.