9 Reasons Everyone Should Drink Turmeric with Water Everyday
Turmeric belongs to the family of spices that contains brilliant yellow-orange color. It has been used for many medical purposes from old age and as a dye. It is widely used in many countries like India, China, Cambodia, Japan, etc. It is considered one of the favorable elements for kids, adults, and older people.
Almost every family, especially in India, uses this herb, but most are unaware of its benefits. It carries countless magical benefits and does not let you be hospitalized again and again.
In This Article
Turmeric with Water Benefits
It works much better than medical treatment. Here are some common positives of this natural herb that you should know about.
1. Lose Weight
Turmeric does not allow excess growth of fat cells and prevents these cells from developing. Thus, you would not gain excess weight as you’re your fat cells will not grow anymore.
Besides, turmeric is the element that helps you to get rid of inflammation because of obesity. It also carries dietary fibers that restrict your fat storage efficiently and provide you promotion in fat burning.
All these effects of turmeric are because it holds favorable components such as essential oil, manganese, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin E, calcium, iron, zinc, etc.
How to use
- If you want to lose your excess body fat quickly, you can add one tablespoon of turmeric to a glass of milk.
- Also, mix one tablespoon of honey to make it more potent and delicious. Consume it daily before going to bed.
2. Prevents Cancer
This spice can mitigate various types of cancer such as rectum, prostate, breast, and lung cancer.
It is highly packed with curcumin that restricts malignant tumors from developing.
It does not allow cancer cells to develop and makes your body work against cancer cells.
3. Prevents Stress
It can deal with mental disorders such as stress, anxiety, bad mood, insomnia, fatigue, and depression.
It is much safer than a medical prescription and works in a high manner to erase your mental disorders thoroughly.
How to use
- To experience its benefits in such critical cases, you can go for pure turmeric water or special turmeric lemonade every day.
- To prepare special lemonade, you need to grab two tablespoons of grated turmeric, a half tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, and four tablespoons of honey.
- Mix all these ingredients and mix them in four cups of water. Stir the mixture well and enjoy this drink regularly.
4. Regulate your Blood Pressure
Consuming turmeric is highly recommended for those having abnormal blood pressure.
It is appropriate for people who the concerned about hypertension. It is a potent agent of anti-inflammation qualities and hence mitigates inflammation in your body.
Thus, your high blood pressure, as well as high blood cholesterol, will be maintained efficiently. It not only improves your blood circulation but also purifies your blood.
Thus, it helps you to get rid of arterial hypertension. It lessens the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and cuts down excess blood sugar.
How to use
- Take a tablespoon of turmeric powder and add it to 3-4 cups of milk. After that, pour ¼ cup of water into it.
- Mix it well and heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add some milk again, and your happy drink is ready. Drink it daily to get beneficial results soon.
5. Treat your Wounds
Turmeric is highly loaded with natural antibiotic qualities. It soothes open wounds and purulent burns and eases inflammation or itching in the scars. It prevents swelling in arthritis too.
Alternatively, it makes your immune system strong so that your body can deal with illness potently. Furthermore, it is a valuable tonic for your skin and treats many skin diseases.
How to use
- Boil water for 10 minutes and add some turmeric to it. You can prefer mixing honey into it.
- Have this efficacious but straightforward drink to get sound effects.
6. Make your Digestion Better
As turmeric is used for many medical purposes, having turmeric is an ideal solution to cure any diseases in your body.
It helps maintain gastrointestinal tracts and appetite disorders and ease diseases associated with your bile excretory organs as it has surprising effects on gastritis and peptic ulcers.
It prevents your stomach and digestive tract diseases and soothes flatulence and diarrhea without medicines.
How to use
- Take a tablespoon of turmeric powder and dissolve it in a glass of ordinary water.
- Mix it well, and take a half glass of this mixture just before your meals. Soon you will notice worthy effects.
7. Prevent Cold
It is one of the best methods to reduce cold symptoms. It helps you get rid of a runny nose, cold, sinusitis, and various concerns.
It cuts down the inflammation, itching, and discomfort due to cold. It keeps you far away from flu too.
It improves your immune system and makes you entirely able to fight against germs, bacteria, and other micro-organisms responsible for the cold and cough.
How to use
- You should drink turmeric water or turmeric milk just before going to bed; that shortens the duration of the miserable cold symptoms.
- Moreover, you can prepare a solution to wash your nose that disinfects your nasopharynx and ease your accumulated mucus.
- You just need to add a half tablespoon of turmeric powder and a half tablespoon of salt to warm water.
Also Read: Remedies for Cold and Cough in Babies
8. Deliver Attracting Appearance
Besides the medical benefits of drinking turmeric water, it helps you improve your complexion to a pretty extent.
Just because of its array of beauty positives, it is known as the golden spice of life. It inhibits zits, scars, pimples, dark circles, and many other similar issues.
It contains excellent anti-inflammatory qualities, and hence, it reduces inflammation and swelling of the existing spots on your skin. It brightens your skin and delivers healthy and glowing skin.
How to use
- All you have to do is just break your fast by drinking turmeric water every morning.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to a glass of lukewarm water. Drink it every morning to get worthy outcomes.
9. Cleanse your Liver
If you are looking for a simple but productive treatment to cleanse your liver, drinking turmeric water is the most fruitful method in such a case.
It flushes toxins and other harmful elements from your liver and overall body. It acts much faster and makes you feel refreshed rapidly.
How to use
- Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder and put it in a glass of warm water. Mix it well and consume it every morning.
Turmeric with water for periods
Turmeric is an amazing herb that has been used for centuries to treat a variety of health issues. Adding it to water can help to relieve menstrual cramps.
Turmeric with water is a traditional Indian remedy for periods. It is thought to improve the flow and regularity of periods, as well as reduce cramps and pain.
Simply mix a tablespoon of ground turmeric with 1 glass of water and drink before or during your periods. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
- Turmeric and Its Major Compound Curcumin on Health – NCBI
- Efficacy of Turmeric Extracts and Curcumin for Alleviating the Symptoms of Joint Arthritis
- Curcumin: From ancient medicine to current clinical trials – NCBI