Did you know what happens when i drink carrot juice everyday? One of the most popular vegetables globally, carrot is a powerful food that is loaded with nutrients and essential minerals. Carrots are an excellent source of beta carotene used by the body to make vitamin A.
You can add carrots to sandwiches, soups, salads, and even smoothies. The benefits of carrots are endless, but you don’t have to eat them to benefit from them.
Drinking carrot juice derived from two to three carrots can be highly beneficial for you. So, let’s look at the excellent health benefits, When I drank carrot juice everyday.
In This Article
- What Happens When I Drink Carrot Juice Everyday
- How to Prepare Carrot Juice
- Can eating too many carrots kill you
- How long is fresh carrot juice good for
- Is carrot juice good for gout
What Happens When I Drink Carrot Juice Everyday
1. Slows Down the Ageing Process
The process of aging varies from person to person. Premature aging cannot be stopped altogether, but the good news is that it can be delayed by consuming the right food.
When beta-carotene is converted into vitamin A in the body, it lessens cell degeneration. It further improves the collagen in the skin and maintains elasticity.
The high anti-oxidant content in carrots can stop aging and help in repairing the cell damage.
2. Reduces Cholesterol
Carrots have a high amount of fiber, which helps remove the excess of bad cholesterol from the arteries and blood vessels, thus boosting heart health.
Also, carrots contain a form of calcium that has the potential to lower the levels of LDL cholesterol.
3. Prevents the Risk of Cancer
Carrot juice can protect the body from the development of cancer, oxidative stress, mutation, and tumors.
The high amount of carotenoids in carrots is effective against colon, prostate, breast, and bladder cancer.
Carotenoids can lower inflammation and oxidative stress in the body.
4. Boots Eye Health
Carrots contain three major nutrients- zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, and Lutein which are extremely important for eye health.
These nutrients can prevent eye disorders, such as cataracts, macular degeneration, etc., and reduce the risk of losing vision caused by aging.
The deficiency of vitamin A is the leading cause of eye disorders and blindness.
The beta-carotene found in carrots is converted into vitamin A which helps in protecting the eyes and promoting better vision.
Carrots are also abundant in lutein and lycopene, which aid in maintaining good eyesight.
5. Fight Inflammation
The most common cause of several chronic diseases worldwide is inflammation.
With a high level of antioxidants, carrots can be highly beneficial in fighting and preventing inflammation in the body.
Carrots are said to be the most significant source of beta-carotene, which is a powerful anti-oxidant against inflammation and other cellular problems that can be dangerous.
6. Lowers Blood Pressure
Carrots are loaded with potassium which can help in relaxing the tension in the arteries and blood vessels.
This enhances the flow of blood and lowers elevated blood pressure. As high blood pressure can result in strokes and heart attacks, carrot juice can be an excellent addition to your diet for a healthy heart.
7. Aids in Liver Cleansing
Your liver might be loaded with harmful toxins; regular consumption of carrot juice can clean and detoxify the liver.
The toxins and bile present in your bloodstream cannot be removed through your kidneys; it has to be done through your skin.
The juice of carrots can help in this process and makes sure that the bile is removed from the body.
8. Makes the Skin Healthy
The anti-oxidants present in carrot juice are helpful in healing and repairing the skin.
They can also make the skin smooth, brighten the complexion, even the skin tone and give it a natural healthy glow.
Drink carrot juice every day to maintain the elasticity, glow, and youthfulness in your skin. The high silicon content in carrot roots can promote healthy nails too.
9. Strengthen the Immune System
Carrots are packed with minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins, which contribute to a stronger nervous system and increase brain power.
Vitamin C boosts the immune system and helps you get through the flu and cold. These antioxidants protect the body from free radicals and harmful pathogens.
10. Healthier Pregnancy
During pregnancy, drinking carrot juice every day would benefit an expecting mother’s health.
Carrots are full of calcium, potassium, folate, and vitamin A which can help your fetus develop stronger cartilage and bones.
The vitamins boost immunity and protect the mother and fetus from free radicals.
- The nutrients in carrots fight harmful microbes and bacteria in the mouth, which can cause tooth decay and other oral issues.
- Those suffering from cognitive problems can benefit from carrot juice if taken regularly at night.
- Carrots increase the secretion of bile, which results in a better metabolism rate.
- You can get better sleep at night if you drink carrot juice regularly. Carrots accelerate the production of melatonin which is known to help boost sleep.
- Potassium in carrots reduces the dryness in the skin and keeps your skin moisturized.
- Carrots can prevent acne by detoxifying the body.
- The high amount of beta-carotene in the carrots protects the skin from sun damage and reduces sunburn.
How to Prepare Carrot Juice
- 2-3 fresh carrots
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- Lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup of distilled water
- Wash the carrots and peel them.
- Cut the carrots into small pieces.
- Add the sliced carrots, ginger, and water in a mixer or blender. (you can also use a juicer)
- Run the mixer for a couple of minutes and strain the mixture to get fresh carrot juice.
- Add a little lemon juice if you desire, and serve the juice.
Q. Can eating too many carrots kill you?
Ans– No, eating too many carrots won’t kill you. However, excessive consumption of any vegetables or fruits can lead to stomach cramp and other digestive problems. Just be sure to moderation is key when it comes to eating vegetables.
Q. How long is fresh carrot juice good for?
Ans– Fresh carrot juice will generally be safe to drink for up to two days if stored in a fridge, and for up to five days if stored in a pantry.
Q. Is carrot juice good for gout?
Ans- Some preliminary research suggests that drinking carrot juice may have some potential benefits for those with gout. Specifically, primary research suggests that drinking carrot juice may:
- Help relieve the symptoms of gout, such as pain and inflammation
- Reduce the severity of gout attacks
- Improve blood flow and circulation in the affected area
- Aid in the healing process of gout injuries
The benefits of carrots are endless. You can eat carrots, too, but juicing increases the chances of absorbing the nutrients.
Carrot juice can improve both your mental and physical health. We hope this post has helped you in enlightening about this wonder vegetable.
So what are you waiting for? Grab some carrots right away!
- Drinking carrot juice increases total antioxidant status and decreases lipid peroxidation– NCBI
- The effect of carrot juice, β-carotene supplementation on lymphocyte DNA damage– Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
- (PDF) Health benefits of carrot juice – ResearchGate