Benefits of drinking warm water: As per Indian culture and Chinese medicine, if you start your day with a glass of warm water, it can improve your digestion and provide you plethora of health benefits. Water helps the body by absorbing nutrients and aids in fighting infections.
Drinking warm water is an excellent way to keep yourself warm and also a great practice for a healthy body and mind. Just make sure that the water should not be too warm, otherwise, it can scald your taste buds.
Benefits of drinking warm water:
1. Improves Digestion:
One of the health benefits of warm water is that it cleanses your digestive system and flushes out all the harmful toxins from the body.
Warm water also helps in dissolving and dissipating the food that you have consumed.
When you drink warm water, it activates your digestive tract because it acts as a lubricant to keep the digestion process active.
2. Reduces Menstrual Cramps:
If you have severe menstrual pain, then Warm water will help you in diminishing the discomfort.
The heat of warm water calms the abdominal muscles and soothes the ache.
3. Helps in Clearing Sinuses:
Looking for a home remedy for blocked and stuffy nose? Try drinking a cup of warm water first thing in the morning. warm water will help in alleviating the respiratory tract infection symptoms.
The high temperature of the water also helps in relieving nasal congestion.
[Also Read: 15 Cancer Symptoms Most Women Often Ignore]
4. Aids in Weight Loss:
Drinking warm water can help you in losing weight by making you feel fuller. As per few of the studies, it is found that replacing cold water with warm water can increase the chances of losing weight.
When you drink warm water, your body temperature control system goes up and to compensate that the body tries to bring your internal temperature down and this increases the metabolism.
Moreover, warm water can help in clearing your intestines which prevents bloating. Thus this aids in getting rid of the excess weight you might be having.
5. Improves Blood Circulation:
Drinking warm water causes the blood to rush to the skin and this helps in relaxing the blood vessels which surround the muscles.
A healthy flow of blood can affect your body positively and keep cardiovascular diseases at bay.
Additionally, if you make it a habit to drink warm water before bedtime, it can relax your body and give you a peaceful sleep.
6. Decreases Stress:
warm water can potentially soothe your central nervous system, as the water gives you relief from the pain and cramps, you will feel calmer.
If you had a rough day, drink a lot of warm water, you will definitely end up feeling less anxious.
Also Related: 10 Warning Signs Your Liver is Full of Toxins
7. Keeps your Body Hydrated:
You should have at least 8 glasses of water every day to keep enough hydration in your body. We understand that it can be difficult with your busy schedule.
To compensate, try to include a glass of warm water first thing in the morning and before you go to sleep. This will provide adequate hydration o your system.
Remember, that your body needs enough water to perform every function and you should not compromise on that.
8. Gives Relief from Pain:
You should know that cold water can make your muscles contract; on the other hand, warm water can increase the blood flow to the tissues and relaxes the muscles.
If you have body aches, you will surely feel better with a glass of warm water.
9. Relives Constipation
When you drink warm water, your intestines contract and this helps in releasing the waste that is trapped in the intestines.
If you have chronic constipation, make it a habit to drink warm water regularly.
Not only it will relieve the symptoms but also detoxify your body of all the accumulated toxins.
10. Slows Down Aging and Makes the Skin Clear
You can keep all the signs of premature aging such as wrinkles, pigmentation, dry and patchy skin at bay by incorporating the habit of drinking warm water every day.
Toxins in the body can accelerate the signs of early aging. warm water cleanses your body of toxins and keeps your gut healthy. With warm water, you can easily eliminate the root causes of most common skin infections.
Wait! The list is not exhaustive. warm water can do wonders for your overall health and here are some additional benefits:
- Your teeth will be thankful to you if you replace cold water with warm water.
- Coldwater can make the white filling material in the teeth to contact which causes them to debond from the teeth. Warm water will keep your teeth in a healthy state.
- Drinking warm water can be beneficial for your hair health too. Warm
- Warm water energizes the nerve endings in your hair roots and makes them grow. Moreover, it will keep your strands soft and shiny.
- Warm water also keeps your scalp hydrated and helps to fight against dandruff and dry scalp.
- Warm water is a great and inexpensive post-workout drink. Not only it will rehydrate your body but also replenish the minerals and vitamins.
- When you drink warm water, your body temperature raises which results in sweat formation. This helps in releasing the toxins from your body and thus cleanses it properly.
- Warm water dissolves the irritable substance secreted by the mucous membranes and eliminates it from the respiratory tract. This is a great natural remedy to relive sire throat infection.
- Always pay attention to the water temperature! Just make sure that the water temperature isn’t too high because then it can damage the esophagus tissue.
- Now that you know the astonishing benefits of warm water, you should start drinking it from today. If the bland taste doesn’t appeal to you, then try adding a dash of lemon or honey to warm water.