You’re not alone if you’re tired of seeing stretch marks on your skin. Many people struggle to get rid of them, and they often get worse with age. However, many natural ways to remove stretch marks don’t involve surgery or harsh chemicals.
This article will outline these methods and explain why they work better than traditional methods. So whether you’re looking to remove stretch marks naturally or help your friends and family do the same, read on for tips and advice!
Stretch marks are the clear revealed lines on the surface of your skin with a skin color spatula. Stretch marks appear on the belly surface, but they can also appear on your upper arms, thighs, breast, and buttock area.
There are many stretch marks removal creams available in the market, but I prefer you try these effective natural ways to remove stretch marks, which can help you.
In This Article
What causes Stretch Marks on Stomach?
Stretch marks look ugly and disturbing, especially for girls who can’t be able to wear sleeveless or other formal attires.
Pregnancy is said to be a major reason for stretch marks, but there are many other causes responsible for stretch marks as well:
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Excess body changes
- Stress and heredity reasons
- Medical conditions: Certain conditions can cause stretch marks, such as Marfan syndrome and Cushing’s syndrome.
Stretch marks cause skin stretching that occurs on the skin’s upper layer, also called the Epidermis.
During pregnancy’s early stage, it looks reddish or pinkish, but after, they appear white or skin-colored.
Natural Ways to Remove Stretch Marks
Let’s take a closer look at some effective natural ways to remove stretch marks:
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is an excellent solution for removing stretch marks effectively and naturally.
Castor oil has been used for treating several beauty issues like pimples, dark spots, wrinkles, and fine lines, so it is beneficial for ugly stretch marks. Also, it is readily available at any grocery store.
You can easily do it yourself at home.
How to Use
- Gently massage some castor oil to the affected area or stretch marks for 10 to 15 minutes, apply a sufficient amount of castor oil and let your body absorb it. After massaging, cover the area with a thin cloth, place a heating pad or water bottle on the affected area, and do this for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy for a month, and you will surely get positive results.
Aloe-Vera is also a good remedy for removing stretch marks naturally. Aloe-Vera is a panacea for treating several diseases and beauty issues.
Aloe-Vera contains soothing and healing components, which provide a soothing and calm effect to your stretched skin and helps to get and tighten up fast.
Make sure that you always use fresh aloe-Vera gel rather than artificial gel.
How to Use
- Extract some fresh aloe-Vera gel and directly apply it to the affected area and massage for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash with normal water.
- The other option is to take a half cup of aloe-Vera gel and mix 4 t 5 vitamin E capsule gel and equally vitamin A capsule gel (optional) and mix well and apply to the stretch marks and massage well until the mixture gets absorbed. Do this process at night.
- Repeat this process for a couple of weeks, and you will get positive results soon.
3. Coconut Oil
A great way to remove stretch marks is with coconut oil. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help to soothe and heal the skin. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which will help to reduce the inflammation and irritation that can lead to stretch marks.
How to use
To use coconut oil as a stretch mark remedy, apply it to the Stretch Marks area twice daily. Massage it in until it’s fully absorbed, and repeat as necessary.
4. Lime Juice
Lime juice also has a lightning property that helps remove stubborn stretch marks easily and quickly.
Lemon is a nature’s gift to humankind that includes acidic properties, which is effective for outer beauty issues and inner physical troubles.
How to Use
- Cut a fresh lime into half and directly apply or rub this to your stretch marks for 10 minutes.
- The other option is to take an equal amount of lime juice and cucumber juice, mix well and apply this to the affected area, wash after 20 minutes, and do this process once a day and for a month.
Eggs can also be a good option for removing stretch marks. Eggs include high protein and several components that help to lighten the stretch marks. Remember that you must use egg white for treating stretch marks.
How to Use
- First, clean your skin where you want to apply the egg mask; take egg white of two eggs and whisk well with the help of the whisk or a fork.
- Apply this to the affected area and make a thick layer and let it completely dry, and then wash it off; after that, you can apply some moisturizer or olive oil.
- Repeat this remedy once a day and for 3 to 4 weeks.
A white sugar naturally exfoliates your skin and helps remove stretch marks quickly and easily.
One of the huge plus points of using sugar is that it is 100% natural, harm-free, and readily available at home.
How to Use
- Take one tablespoon of granulated sugar and mix some olive oil or almond oil and apply this to the affected area, and massage gently for 10 to 15 minutes, do this process before bathing.
- Repeat this remedy for a month, and you will get the appropriate results soon.
7. Potato Juice
Potato juice has several fine components and minerals, which help to reduce the darker stretch marks.
Potato has natural bleaching quality like a lemon that helps lighten the skin tone and provides a healthy and tight skin tone.
How to Use
- Take a fresh potato and cut it into half, directly apply it to the affected area, rub it well for 15 to 2 minutes, and then wash it off.
- The second option is to peel off a potato, grate it, squeeze the juice, mix some lime juice in it, and apply it to the stretch marks. Repeat this process once a day and for a couple of weeks.
8. Alfalfa Herb
Alfalfa is a natural herb that contains amino acids and various helping components to remove stretch marks effectively.
Alfalfa leaves are beneficial for overall skin issues and health issues. You can easily find this in any supermarket. It has vitamin E, K, and protein, reducing scars quickly.
How to Use
- Take one tablespoon of alfalfa leaves powder, mix some olive oil and chamomile oil in this, and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area and massage gently and then wash with normal water; repeat this remedy twice a day and for a month, and you will get positive results soon.
9. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is a rich source of natural moisturizer, and it works great for treating and removing stretch marks and nourishes your skin.
Most of the anti-stretch marks creams contain cocoa butter and Shea butter. You can easily have this near to your residence.
How to Use
- Apply some cocoa butter to your stretch marks and massage well, do this process twice daily.
- The other option is to take 2 or 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter and add some beeswax, some apricot oil, and some drops of vitamin E oil, heat the mixture and mix well until the wax melts, store this in an airtight container and apply this to your stretch marks twice in a day and once in the night. You will get the magical results in a few weeks.
Drinking plenty of water in a single day can also help you further. Water keeps you hydrated the whole day and expels out all the toxins from the body.
According to the experts, a healthy person must drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. You can add some lime juice for better results; with home remedies, add this one.
11. Olive Oil
Olive oil has several nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants that help to remove stretch marks naturally, and it is a good ingredient for health and beauty issues.
How to Use
- Directly apply extra virgin olive oil to the affected area twice a day and massage for 15 to 20 minutes.
- One can also mix a night cream with that.
When it comes to natural remedies, people often turn towards home remedies instead of going for medical treatments. Best way to get rid of stretch marks is by using the methods we discussed above. You can use lotions and creams that contain ingredients such as aloe vera and neem oil as well as supplements like Moringa extract.
- Stretch marks during pregnancy: a review of topical prevention
- Improvement of skin condition in striae distensae – NCBI
- (PDF) Topical management of striae distensae (stretch marks)