How to Stop Tooth Pain Fast at home Naturally
Looking for Home remedy for How to Stop Tooth Pain Fast at home Naturally? ‘Odontalgia’ is the most common problem faced by every human being on earth(those who have teeth). Commonly known as a toothache, this problem causes pain in the tooth and gums. Tooth pain can turn into a serious issue and can cause you much pain if not treated in time.
You must visit a dentist to make a proper treatment plan; until then, we are here to help. In this post, we bring you some natural remedies that can help you get relief from the pain caused by an infection in the tooth.
There can be many different reasons for this pain. Below, we will discuss some major causes of this discomfort caused by inflammation in the tooth’s central region, also known as pulp.
- Tooth Pain Causes
- Tooth Pain Symptoms
- How to Stop Tooth Pain Fast at Home Naturally
- Tooth pain prevention
Tooth Pain Causes
1. Abscessed tooth
An abscessed tooth is a condition caused when an infection in the tooth’s roots takes place. It causes infection in the area between the tooth and the gums.
2. Fractured tooth
Sometimes we get our teeth damaged by eating something inappropriate. This way tooth becomes fractured and causes a toothache.
3. The decay of teeth
A toothache can also be caused due to the cavities in the tooth caused by improper cleaning.
4. Infected gums
A toothache also occurs due to the infection of the gums known as gingivitis. In this infection, bacteria inflate gums, and bleeding problems may also arise while brushing.
If the treatment of gingivitis is delayed, then this may lead to a condition known as periodontitis in medical terms. This leads to an infection in the area between the tooth and gums.
Tooth Pain Symptoms
After knowing the reasons for toothache, the question pop-ups in our minds is how to tell whether your tooth is infected or it is a toothache or odontalgia. Luckily you can identify a toothache by just simply observing the symptoms. The common symptoms of a toothache are:
A). Bleeding from the gums or tooth.
B). You may suffer extreme pain in your mouth if the infection is large.
C). Bad odor or taste in your mouth is also a symptom of infection in your tooth.
D). You feel sensitivity in your tooth while having food, making it difficult for you to chew the hot or cold food.
E). You may also observe some side effects of having tooth pain. Some of them are fever and headache; sometimes, people also suffer from eye pain as a side effect of a toothache.
After knowing both causes and symptoms, let’s look at some natural remedies for a toothache to get relieved from the unbearable pain.
How to Stop Tooth Pain Fast at Home Naturally
Before heading on how to stop tooth pain fast, I would like to tell you that these remedies can only help you hold the pain for some time. You must visit an expert and take proper advice for a permanent solution.
1. Garlic for Toothache
The antibiotic properties of garlic can help you get instant relief from a toothache.
Garlic also has many other medicinal properties and is a supplier of sulfur and many other important nutrients to the body.
- Take a garlic clove, or you can also use garlic powder for this remedy. Crush the garlic clove or take garlic powder and add some table or black salt.
- Apply it directly to the affected tooth to get instant relief from the killing pain.
- You can also chew garlic to get rid of toothache.
- Simply take one or two cloves of garlic and chew them. This will surely bring relief to an infected tooth and get rid of the pain.
ALSO READ: Benefits of Eating Raw Garlic in Empty Stomach
2. Peppermint for Tooth pain
Peppermint has some properties which provide soothing relief from a toothache. Usually, peppermint is known for its pleasant taste, but it can heal tooth pain through its numbing properties.
Peppermint contains menthol, which is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties.
It provides instant relief from the pain and relaxation to the muscles.
- You will need peppermint leaves for this remedy.
- Take dried peppermint leaves and take some clean water and boil it.
- Now add the peppermint leaves to the boiling water. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- When water turns lukewarm, steep the mixture.
- This mixture should not be swallowed; if you already had, then no problem.
- Take this mixture in your mouth, give it around, and then spit it out.
3. Onion for tooth pain
Onion kills the germs, which are a casing pain as it comes along with antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that can help you control a toothache.
- If you are feeling a toothache, you can simply chew some raw pieces of onion to get relief from the pain.
- Suppose you are not in favor of chewing raw onion. Then take a piece of onion and place it on the infected tooth or where the pain occurs.
4. Hydrogen peroxide for Tooth Pain
Hydrogen peroxide can help eliminate discomfort by killing the bacteria that cause pain.
If your toothache is accompanied by fever or a headache, this can provide relief, but it is suggested that you visit a doctor for the proper treatment.
- Please take a little amount of hydrogen peroxide and swish it around in your mouth to reach every corner of your mouth. This will kill the germs, and you will feel relief in the infected gum.
- This solution is only for rinsing your mouth, teeth, and gums, do not swallow it. Spit it out after the rinsing process.
- Repeat this process several times a day.
5. Cinnamon for Tooth Pain
If mixed with honey, cinnamon relieves tooth pain in no time. This combination is a successful natural remedy for toothache.
Cinnamon contains eugenol, cinnamaldehyde, and methyl chavicol. All these are better known for their antimicrobial properties.
ALSO READ: How to Heal Severe Tooth Decay and Reverse Cavities
- You will need cinnamon and honey for this remedy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder to a half tablespoon of honey.
- You’re done. Apply this mixture directly to the infected area to get relief from the discomfort causing pain.
- Repeat this twice a day till you get relief from the pain or you get to visit a dentist.
6. Cloves for Tooth pain
Cloves are best known as a natural home remedy for toothache. They can be used for gum or tooth infections, tooth decay, or tooth fracture.
Cloves come along with chemicals usually known as eugenol, enriched in medicinal properties.
- Clove oil is easily available in any medical store. Get it from there.
- Now put a drop of clove oil on the infected area. This may cause a burning sensation in the infected area. Let it happen as this will kill the germs which caused the infection and prevent another area from getting infected.
ALSO READ: Coconut Oil Toothpaste Recipe
Prevention tips for a Tooth Pain
Well, we all know that prevention is better than cure. A toothache can cause you discomfort and treat tooth issues that can cost you money.
So why not look at some tips to prevent a toothache. This way, you can save time as well as your smile.
Some of the best prevention tips are listed below
- A tooth pain usually occurs due to tooth decay; if you start to follow good oral hygiene practices, then a toothache can be prevented. These practices include brushing regularly.
- The second important thing you can do is eat low-sugar food to prevent tooth decay. Regularly visit your doctor and ask him about the sealants and fluoride applications.
- Don’t eat things that can cause a fracture to your teeth. Eat healthy food and clean the eatables properly before taking them to your mouth.
- Always maintain the hygiene of your teeth by brushing twice a day, especially before going to bed or after eating for the final time that day.
So, these were the best how to stop tooth pain fast at home naturally. Some prevention tips to prevent any pain and discomfort in your gums and tooth. I hope these remedies will help you with your pain.