How to Stop Tooth Pain Fast: ‘Odontalgia’ is the most common problem which is faced by every human being on earth(those who had teeth). Commonly known as a toothache, this problem causes pain in the tooth and gums. Toothache can turn into a serious issue and can cause you a lot of pain, if not treated in time.
You must visit a dentist to make a proper treatment plan, Until then we are here to help. In this post, we bring you some natural remedies that can help you in getting relief from the pain caused by an infection in the tooth.
there can be many different reasons for this pain. below we will discuss some major causes of this discomfort caused by inflammation in the central region of the tooth also known as pulp.
Causes of a Toothache:
1. Abscessed tooth:
The abscessed tooth is a condition caused when an infection in the roots of the tooth takes place. It causes infection in the area between the tooth and the gums.
2. Fractured tooth:
Sometimes we get our tooth damaged by eating something inappropriate. This way tooth becomes fractured and causes a toothache.
3. The decay of tooth:
A toothache can also be caused due to the cavities in the tooth, which is caused by improper cleaning.
4. Infected gums:
A toothache also occurs due to the infection of the gums known as gingivitis. In this infection gums become inflamed due to bacteria and bleeding problems may also occur while brushing.
If the treatment of gingivitis is delayed then, this may lead to a condition known as periodontitis in medical terms. This leads to an infection in the area between tooth and gums.
Symptoms of Infected tooth:
Well now after knowing the reasons for toothache the question that pop-ups in our mind are how to know whether your tooth is infected or it is a toothache or odontalgia. Luckily you can identify a toothache by just simply observing the symptoms. the common symptoms of a toothache are:
A. Bleeding from the gums or tooth.
B. You may suffer extreme pain in your mouth if the infection is large.
C. Bad odor or taste in your mouth is also a symptom of infection in your tooth.
D. You feel sensitivity in your tooth while having food and this makes it difficult for you to chew the hot or cold food.
E. You may also observe some side effects of having tooth pain. Some of them are fever, headache, sometimes people also suffer from eye pain as a side effect of a toothache.
After knowing both causes and symptoms, let’s look at some natural remedies for a toothache to get relieved from the unbearable pain.
How to Stop Tooth Pain Fast
Before heading how to stop tooth pain fast, I would like to tell you that, these remedies I can only help you hold the pain for some time. For a permanent solution, you must visit an expert and take proper advice.
1.Garlic for Toothache:
Antibiotic properties of garlic can help you get instant relief from a toothache.
Garlic also has many other medicinal properties and is a supplier of sulfur and many other important nutrients to the body.
- Take a garlic clove or you can also use garlic powder for this remedy. Crush the garlic clove or take garlic powder and add some table or black salt to it.
- Apply it directly to the affected tooth to get instant relief from the killing pain.
- You can also chew garlic, to get rid of a toothache.
- Simply take one or two cloves of garlic and chew them. This will surely bring relief to an infected tooth and get rid of the pain.
2. Peppermint for Toothache:
Peppermint has some properties which provide soothing relief from a toothache. Usually, peppermint is known for its pleasant taste but it can heal tooth pain by its numbing properties.
Peppermint contains menthol which is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties.
It provides instant relief from the pain, it also provides relaxation to the muscles.
- You will need peppermint leaves for this remedy.
- Take dried peppermint leaves and take some clean water and boil it.
- Now add the peppermint leaves to the boiling water. let it boil for 10 minutes.
- When water turns lukewarm, steep the mixture.
- This mixture should not be swallowed, well if you already had, then no problem.
- Take this mixture in your mouth and give it around in the mouth and then spit it out.
3. Onion for Toothache:
Onion kills the germs which are a casing pain as it comes along with antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that can help you control a toothache.
- If you are having a feeling of a toothache then you can just simply chew some raw pieces of onion to get relief from the pain.
- If you are not in favor of chewing raw onion. Then take a piece of onion and place it on the infected tooth or where the pain is taking place.
4. Hydrogen peroxide for Toothache:
Hydrogen peroxide can help you get rid of the discomfort, by killing the bacteria that causes pain.
If your toothache is accompanied by fever or a headache than this can provide relief but it is suggested that you visit a doctor for the proper treatment.
- Take a little amount of hydrogen peroxide and swish it around in your mouth so that it reaches every corner of your mouth. This will kill the germs and you will feel relief in the infected gum.
- This solution is only for rinsing your mouth teeth and gums, do not swallow it. Spit it out after the rinsing process.
- Repeat this process several times a day.
5. Cinnamon for Toothache:
If mixed with honey cinnamon reliefs tooth pain in no time. This combination is a successful natural remedy for toothache.
Cinnamon contains eugenol, cinnamaldehyde, and methyl chavicol. All these are better known for their anti-microbial properties.
- You will need cinnamon and honey for this remedy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder to a half tablespoon of honey.
- You’re done. Apply this mixture directly to the infected area to get relief from the discomfort causing pain.
- Repeat this twice a day till you get relief from the pain or you get to visit a dentist.
6. Cloves for Toothache:
How to stop tooth pain fast with cloves? Yes, Cloves are best known as a natural home remedy for a toothache. It can be used for gum or tooth infections, tooth decay, or tooth fracture.
Cloves come along with chemicals usually known as eugenol, which is enriched in medicinal properties.
- Clove oil is easily available in any medical store. get it from there.
- Now put a drop of clove oil on the infected area this may cause a burning sensation in the infected area. let it happen as this will kill the germs which caused the infection and prevent another area from getting infected.
Prevention tips for a Toothache:
Well, we all know that prevention is better than cure. A toothache can cause you discomfort and treat tooth issues that can cost you money.
So why not look at some tips to prevent a toothache. This way you can save time as well as your smile.
Some of the best prevention tips are listed below-
- A toothache usually occurs due to tooth decay, if you start to follow good oral hygiene practices than a toothache can be prevented. These practices include brushing regularly.
- The second important thing you can do is eating food that contains low sugar to prevent tooth decay. Regularly visit your doctor and ask him about the sealants and fluoride applications.
- Don’t eat things which can cause the fracture to your teeth.eat healthy food and clean the eatables properly before taking them to your mouth.
- Always maintain the hygiene of your teeth by brushing twice a day. Especially before going to the bed or after eating for the final time for that day.
So, these were the best natural remedies for how to stop tooth pain fast and some prevention tips to prevent any pain and discomfort in your gums and tooth. I hope these remedies will help you with your pain.