What are some things you can take for gout pain relief? Few things in human life can compete with the pain of gout. Whether it is a Richman’s disease or the king’s disease, we all know that gout is not just a matter of laugh; it’s just more than anything. Over the past years, inflammation in joints due to gout has increased, and it has a deep link with our metabolic system and sudden changes in the diet plan.
But if we ever face such a painful situation at midnight, what would be our immediate action to get relief? So we are here to explain a few ways to deal with gout pain relief:
What is Gout
Gout is another form of arthritis where the joints get inflamed and started swelling. In most gout cases, it generally affects the feet and big toe, but it can affect fingertips, knee joint, and elbow in other types of gout.
Gout pain attack comes without any notification and can occur repeatedly. It damages the tissue slowly in the affected region.
Both men and women can experience gout pain, who overindulge food that increases the blood’s uric acid level.
What are the causes of Gout?
Gout is the outcome of an unplanned diet that increases the uric acid level. It started with simple symptoms like mild pain or redness in the joint but turn complex in no time.
Apart from diet, there are lots of factors that play a vital part in spreads out gouts. Let us check the cause:
- Intake of food like red meat, selfish, etc.
- To consume too much alcohol.
- If anyone develops a joint injury.
- If anyone is suffering from kidney diseases or thyroid and could not eliminate the uric acid from the body properly.
- Not drinking sufficient water.
- If anyone is taking diuretic medicines for treating a heart problem.
- In a few cases, fever may also occur when the body’s immune system reacts to the uric acid crystal formation.
ALSO READ: High uric acid symptoms
Gout symptoms include:
- Severe pain in the joint during midnight or in the early morning.
- Redness and tenderness in the joint.
- Joints become stiff.
- Swelling of the joint due to inflammation and to feel hot.
- At first, gout affects one joint, but if a lack of proper treatment may be the cause of affecting other joints and knees.
- Often gout is related to other serious health issues like high blood sugar, kidney failure, and heart problem.
What to do for Gout Pain Relief?
Dealing with sudden gout pain is not easy as the pain may occur from mild to severe with inflammation in the joint.
It is essential to show awareness and act fast if you experience such a situation at midnight to get some relief.
We have provided a list of the most common natural remedies for gout pain below-
1. Use Ice Pack
During a gout attack, joints become sensitive and swelling. Using an ice pack on the tender joint may bring temporary relief.
Warp the ice cubes with a piece of cotton clothes and compress the area. Do it several times a day. Most effective way of gout treatments at home.
2. Fix your Leg Little High
Keeping up your leg a little higher than your chest with the help of a pillow may reduce swelling.
3. Take Medicine
What can you do for gout pain? Start taking medicine that will low your pain immediately. The most common drugs that are used in the case are anti-inflammatory. These drugs help to calm down the pain in the area.
If you are a chronic gout patient, you must have to take the medicine that reduces uric acid in the blood.
4. Epsom Salt
How to treat gout with epsom salt? It is one of the better options to treat gout pain locally. The extreme gout pain made the joints inflamed, and Epsom salt can relieve severe gout pain.
It is a mineral that consists of magnesium and sulfate. So taking a foot bath in hot water with Epsom salt can be proved fruitful.
The sulfate helps to flush out the toxin, whereas the magnesium reduces inflammation and improves the nerves’ function correctly.
Take a foot bath before sleeping for at least 30 mins so that you can avoid the midnight gout attack.
5. Use of Turmeric
How to get rid of gout pain fast with turmeric? It is anti-inflammatory by nature, and so it is beneficial in gout pain. The painkiller, commonly used to reduce pain, is harmful to a patient with a kidney problem.
Still, turmeric has no side effect, and it acts on both the enzyme LOX and COX, which are responsible for pain, fever, and inflammation.
Make a smooth paste of turmeric powder with water and boil it for 30 mins. Apply to the affected area in warm condition and leave for the night. Best gout remedies that really work.
6. Lemon Juice
Lemon has a high level of vitamin C, which is nature’s protection for gout pain. Lemon juice helps to low the uric acid in our body. So it is a better option to include lemon in the diet.
Lemon juices acidic in nature, and different studies have shown that it acts efficiently in neutralizing uric acid action inside the body and inhibits gout attack.
When our body’s acidic level reaches a high point, uric acid started to form a crystal. To stop this, it is necessary to increase the alkaline level of our body.
Lemon juice produces calcium carbonates, which in decreasing the acidity by increasing the alkaline level.
Also Read: Best Home Remedies For Neck Pain Relief
7. Plan your Diet
A planned diet may be helpful to manage sudden gout attacks. Try to avoid a diet that contains high hydro genetic fat, purines, and refined carbohydrates.
Include high fibrous food, potassium-rich food, plenty of water into your diet
How to Prevent Gout Pain
Most of the gout pain is subject to medical treatment. Proper medication not only helps to reduce the pain but also helps to lower the risk of future flares.
But the best option to avoid complications regarding gout pain is to maintain a few preventive steps in our lifestyle and food habit.
✓ We should increase our fluid intake so that the uric acid can flush out properly from the body.
✓ Stop taking alcohol, especially beer.
✓ Manage your body weight.
✓ Avoid foods that contain high purines.
✓ Include complex carbohydrates.
✓ Avoid the intake of excess sugar.
✓ Do exercise regularly to maintain your body weight as obesity is one of the causes of a gout attack.
✓ Include plant-based proteins and vegetables in your diet.
Also Read: Joint Pain Relief drink
Frequently Asked Question & Answers-
Q. What is the fastest way to get rid of gout?
A. How to treat gout at home? This is what you will do when the gout pain begins-
- The application of an ice pack to the painful joint, Begin treatment quickly with ibuprofen over-the-counter medication.
- Drinking plenty of water helps to wash out uric acid. It is necessary to stop alcohol, particularly beer, that mainly contains high purine levels.
- Avoid consuming aggravating high purine foods, such as shellfish, red meat, organ meats, game meats, fruit juice, sugary sodas and alcohol.
Q. What is the best thing to drink if you have Gout?
A. You can also add a lot of things to your daily diet to help you control gout-like Drink more water, milk, cherry juice, Lemon juice, and turmeric water.
Q. What does Gout pain feel like?
A. If you have gout, You would probably experience swelling and pain in your foot joints, particularly your big toe. Sudden and extreme gout pain can make your foot feel like it’s on fire.
Finally, without proper medical action in time, gout pain can reach an extreme level and turn into a chronic disease.
So, proper medical assistance at the right time is a must to save the affected joints from further damage.
Never be overstressed, as stress can accelerate gout pain. So we hope these steps will provide you with a perfect guideline to deal with your sudden gout pain attack.
- Gout attacks: Pain relief 
- Effect of lemon water soluble extract on hyperuricemia in a mouse model
- Evaluation of Turmeric Nanoparticles as Anti-Gout Agent: Modernization of a Traditional Drug
- Nonpharmacological Management of Gout and Hyperuricemia: Hints for Better Lifestyle
- Response to application of ice may help differentiate between gouty arthritis and other inflammatory arthritides