If you have the bottoms of feet yellow, remember that it is rarely an alarming situation and most likely to be feet are ignored by us.
The changed color of the feet can indicate various health conditions, including anemia, jaundice, benign disease, calluses, carotenemia, and other health conditions.
Sometimes you may notice the yellowish color of your toe and nails; moreover, it can cover the whole sole area too, and you must know the causes and the ways to get rid of that.
If you notice the bottoms of feet yellow, you must be attentive while reading this article.
In This Article
Why is the Bottom of My Feet Yellow
Be with us to know why are the bottom of my feet yellow–
Wearing poorly fitted shoes or heels and standing in one place for a long time causes calluses on the bottom of feet, resulting in thickened skin tissues that appear yellow, feel hard when touched, and are waxy.
Calluses are a normal phenomenon that requires no special treatment and can be reduced by home remedies.
One of the most common causes of changed skin color especially appeared yellow. An anemic person can also feel fatigued, have a sore tongue, headaches, stress, hair fall, pale skin, difficulty breathing, etc.
Adding iron supplements and an iron-rich diet can solve the issue.
When the bilirubin level increases rapidly and spreads in the bloodstream, it causes jaundice and is one of the major causes of the yellow bottom of feet and skin discoloration.
Jaundice can trigger gallbladder issues, hepatitis A, B, and C, liver failure, adverse effects of medications, etc.
4. Raynaud’s Phenomena
Raynaud’s disease is a rare skin disorder and affects only the toenails, and a person may feel numbness and cold when the temperature gets down.
In this genetic disorder, emotional stress is included, and you may notice yellow patches and skin discoloration with a tingling sensation and medical care required in this case.
Higher intake of such food rich in beta-carotene can cause carotenemia, mostly when someone consumes carotene-rich food, the carotenoids, which are the tiny pigments and mostly flushed out from the body by urine and sweat but consuming excess dose results in changed feet color.
Oranges, carrots, citrus fruits, papaya, sweet potato are rich in beta-carotene, and if you notice yellow feet bottom and suffering from carotenemia, you must cut off such food items.
Consuming such food rich in lycopene, including berries, tomatoes, apricots, beans, and watermelon, can also cause changes in skin color and the bottom of the feet.
Changing in diet can solve the problem, and this is a harmless issue so don’t be worry much.
7. Certain Food
Various studies stated that certain food and ingredients like turmeric could also turn the feet yellow even the whole skin color changed. Turmeric is a powerful spice used in various cuisine as it has healing agents with anti-inflammatory qualities.
How to Get rid of Yellow Feet
There are many home remedies available to get rid of yellow feet:-
- Less intake of carotene-rich food and add more green vegetables and juicy fruits loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and minerals.
- Drink plenty of water and if you notice any sign of fungal infection, then use anti-bacterial and anti-fungal ointment and soak the feet in water mixed with tea tree oil.
For eliminating calluses
- Soak the feet for 5-10 minutes in lukewarm water and add some Epsom salt or baking soda and after soaking, use a scrubber or pumice stone and rub well to remove dead skin and calluses. Repeat once a day for 2-3 weeks.
- Rubbing a fresh garlic clove can also help to reduce the infection.
If you are anemic or suffering from jaundice or severe other illness, then proper medical supervision would be needed to treat the bottom of your feet.
Keep checking the blood sugar level, and if you ever had a surgical process of feet or had any cuts, scars, or wounds and notice the condition is out of control, you mustn’t delay seeing a podiatrist.
Bottoms of feet yellow: Dos and Don’t
- Maintaining proper feet hygiene is a must to prevent any bacterial infection. Wash feet properly with soap, dry them and check out for toenails hygiene.
- Wear good quality shoes and socks and avoid high-heels or tight-fitted footwear.
- Add a healthy diet rich in iron, vitamin B12, and zinc without excess calories and fat. With that, avoid direct sun exposure for a prolonged time.
- Don’t eat such food that contains much beta-carotene.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers-
Q. Why are my feet yellow from the bottom?
If you notice corn-shaped yellow spots, calluses can be easily treated, and nothing to worry about much.
Q. My bottom of feet yellow what does it mean?
Ans- Changing in dietary foods, liver and kidney troubles, increased LDL level, callus, etc., are the common points that can give you the yellow bottom of the feet.
Adding a more nourishing diet with low cholesterol and keep tracking the sugar level and exfoliating can solve the issue still if you notice no improvement in discoloration, nausea, dizziness, fever, pain, changed stool color, bruising, and lack of consecration, then you must consult an expert and ask for a proper diagnosis.
Q. Why are my feet orange at the bottom?
Ans- Excess consumption of a carotene-rich diet can lead you through orange feet, especially orange in color like carrots. The other causes include diabetes, increased cholesterol level, kidney or liver issues, and thyroid being responsible for orange feet.
Q. Why my bottom of feet yellow when pressed?
Ans- Bottom of feet yellow when pressed is commonly associated with various medical conditions such as jaundice, liver cirrhosis, calluses or anemia.
Some people may be more susceptible to this side-effect due to their lifestyle or health condition. Alternatively, some medications or supplements can also cause yellowing of the feet.
Q. Why are Bottom of feet turn yellow when cold?
Ans- Some of the possible causes of yellowing of the feet when cold may include:
- Congestion in the veins near the feet can be caused by exposure to the cold it can cause discoloration and yellowing of the feet.
- Viral infections can cause a wide range of symptoms, including fever, chills, fatigue, and pain in the feet and legs. When these infections are severe, they can also lead to inflammation and discoloration of the skin and underlying tissues.
Be sure to Read: Burning Sensation in Feet Home Remedies
The proper cause must be diagnosed behind the condition called the changed bottom of feet; after that, it can also be treated.
You never avoid the indication, as our body is intelligent enough to warn us before it gets worse. Sometimes it can be a warning sign of severe upcoming disease, so initial action is required.
We hope this information on bottom of my feet are yellow will be helpful for you and if you ever faced a changed skin color or bottom of feet and how to beat it up, please share your precious experience and reviews with us.
- Carotenemia: A Case Report – PMC – NCBI
- Yellow palms and soles: A rare skin manifestation in diabetes mellitus-Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Yellow pseudochromhidrosis in a young female -NCBI