Looking for benefits of drinking clove water? Cloves may be small in size, but their health benefits are enormous. They are widely used as an essential spice, but their nutritional benefits are incredible too.
This is why they have been used in Ayurvedic medicines for ages. Clove water have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, which make them a potent natural health booster.
Drinking clove water in the morning can help you to wake up feeling energized and refreshed – perfect for starting your day off on the right foot!
In This Article
- Benefits of Drinking Clove Water in Morning
- Side Effects of Drinking Clove water
- How to make clove water for Drinking
Benefits of Drinking Clove Water in Morning
There are a number of clove water benefits in the morning. Here are some specific reasons why drinking clove water in the morning is a great idea:
1. Improves Digestion
There are many compounds found in clove water that can treat digestive issues, such as stomach ulcers.
Clove water can help stimulate the secretion of many digestive enzymes, breaking down food and facilitating digestion.
You can drink clove water if you have constant constipation and stomach gas.
2. Prevents Cancer
Many studies have proven that clove water can stop the growth of cancerous cells and also induce cancer cell death. Clove water have been found effective against oesophageal cancer due to their compound eugenol.
The anti-oxidants in clove water can fight cancer cells and inhibit inflammation too. Studies have also shown that clove water can stop the growth of cancer cells in the liver.
3. Protects the Liver
Clove water have a high amount of antioxidants which can help protect the body from harmful free radicals.
If not taken care of, these free radicals can affect the liver adversely.
4. Controls Diabetes
Clove water have been used in medicine to control and treat diabetes in Ayurveda. They can match the effects of insulin which makes them effective in regulating the sugar levels in the blood.
Diabetic patients can include clove water in their diet as they do not produce sufficient insulin.
5. Boosts the Immune System
Clove water have been used traditionally for decades in Ayurvedic medicines to strengthen the immune system. They can stimulate the growth of white blood cells in the body.
When the body produces more white blood cells, it can fight any infection better
6. Anti-Inflammatory Properties
The eugenol found in clove water has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. These can be used in treating inflammation in the mouth and throat.
People who drink clove water regularly have lower chances of developing Arthritis than people who do not.
7. Help in Weight loss
Clove water is a popular dietary supplement that help with weight loss. Some of benefits of clove water include: reducing food cravings, helping you feel fuller for longer, and boosting your metabolism.
8. Relieves Stress
If you have been tired and constantly stressed out, try clove water.
Cloves have a calming effect on the nerves, which can relieve stress. They help in generating more stress-regulating hormones and lift the mood.
You can add cloves to your favourite herbal tea for some instant mood-lifting.
9. Promote Healthy Bones
Clove water can be used to protect bone mass and impact bone density. This can be helpful for people who are age above 50 and experience bone mass problems.
10. Promote Skin Health
Acne is caused by the accumulation of bacteria, which can eventually become painful if not treated. The anti-bacterial properties in clove water can destroy these acne-causing bacteria.
You can use clove essential oil for breakouts and pimples. Also, cloves can help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, scars, and rashes.
11. Improve Dental Health
Clove water can reduce the risk of many teeth-related risks, such as gingivitis. They can prevent bacteria build-up and can also be used to ease toothache.
Try sprinkling clove powder on your regular toothpaste to see some good results. You can also use clove oil to reduce decalcification and erosion of the teeth and promote remineralization.
Additional Benefits of Clove water
- Clove water can impact the body’s metabolism and reduce its temperature, promoting better blood circulation.
- Cloves are antiseptic, so they can treat wounds and even swelling.
- They can fight off harmful free radicals and restore youthfulness in the skin.
- The eugenol in clove water can dilate major arteries and reduce high blood pressure. It can also stop the blood platelets from sticking together, which further prevents the blood from clotting.
- As clove water effectively increase blood circulation, they can be used as a natural remedy for lower sex drive in men and women.
- The flavonoids present in clove water can help in relieving headaches.
- The phenylpropanoids present in clove water can protect from the harmful effects of mutagens.
Side Effects of Drinking Clove water
There are a few side effects of drinking clove water, but the most common is that it can cause an upset stomach. Other side effects may include-
- Stomach cramp
- Burning sensation in throat
How to make clove water for Drinking
Making clove water in the morning is a great way to start your day with a burst of fresh, aromatic energy. Not only does it smell terrific, but it also has some healing properties. Here’s how to do it-
What you need
- 1 Cup- Water
- 1 teaspoon of clove
- 1 tbsp of sugar (optional)
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground cloves to one cup of water.
- Boil the water until it reaches a boil and then turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and then drink it.
Clove water are loaded with rich properties, but like any other spice, these should be taken in moderation.
Also, if you have been prescribed blood thinners or other drugs, consult a doctor before taking any significant cloves or clove water to your routine.
You might use cloves in your everyday diet often, but now that you know their excellent benefits, try adding them to your routine regularly. We hope this post was helpful!
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum): a precious spice
- Clove Extract Inhibits Tumor Growth and Promotes Cell Cycle Arrest and Apoptosis
- [PDF] Antioxidant and protective effect of clove extracts