How to reduce bad cholesterol level? Cholesterol can be defined as a fatty or waxy substance present in the blood, which is required for the body’s normal functioning. When the cholesterol limit goes above a defined limit, which is 200mg/dl, this is a higher cholesterol level.
We are aware of the health hazards that can arise when cholesterol level crosses the suitable limit. To keep control of cholesterol, many medicines are available easily, but the question arises, are they safe for your health?.
The answer is no; they are not fully safe for your health; multiple side effects start to appear when these medicines opt for long-term use.
So, what is the alternate or safe way to keep control of your cholesterol level?. Mother nature has gifted us with everything we need.
We bring you some home remedies for cholesterol that can control your cholesterol level and dissolve the cholesterol deposit’s in the arterial walls.
How to Reduce Bad Cholesterol Levels
These right home remedies are safe to use and come with no side effects. Some of the best home remedies for cholesterol are suggested below with easy steps to use.
1. Honey for Bad Cholesterol
How to reduce bad cholesterol naturally with honey? Yes, Let’s start with something sweet, and that’s honey. With a sweet taste and easy availability, honey is a perfect home remedy for cholesterol.
Honey comes with loads of minerals and vitamins; the antioxidants present in the honey make it the best fighter against cholesterol.
These antioxidants prevent cholesterol from coming out of the blood and entering into the blood vessels’ linings.
- Take honey and some drinkable water.
- Add one tablespoon of honey to the water.
- You can also add ten drops of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Drink this solution every morning to maintain the cholesterol level.
- Take grinned cinnamon and a cup of boiled water.
- Now add one tablespoon of grinded cinnamon to the cup of boiled water and mix it.
- Cover it and leave it for thirty minutes.
- Now, strain this solution and add honey.
- Drink it every morning, empty stomach.
2. Coconut Oil for Bad Cholesterol
Even though being a saturated fat, coconut oil is considered a working remedy for controlling cholesterol levels. Coconut oil is enriched with lauric acid, which helps increase the HDL or good cholesterol level.
There is no particular step for using coconut oil to decrease the cholesterol level; add organic coconut oil to your diet. This will help you manage your cholesterol.
Note- Don’t use refined coconut oil.
3. Orange Juice for Bad Cholesterol
Orange Juce naturally reduce bad cholesterol. Orange juice is rich in vitamin c and flavonoids. Drinking two glasses of plant sterol-fortified orange juice per day can lower the cholesterol level by up to 11% of the total.
You do not need to make plans to lower your cholesterol levels; drink two glasses of sterol-fortified orange juice per day, and you will see a gradual increase of good cholesterol and a decrease in bad cholesterol levels.
So load up your kitchen with orange juice and make it a habit to drink at least 750 ML of orange juice in a day if your medical reports are showing your cholesterol level higher than the normal range.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar for Bad Cholesterol
How to reduce bad cholesterol in body with ACV? Yes, From high blood pressure to upper respiratory infections, apple cider vinegar (Acv) is used to treat many human bodies’ problems.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for the treatment of high cholesterol.
Well, I know the taste is not good, but you can add it to some juices like apple grape or any other fruit juices and make the taste better for a better taste. This remedy starts showing improvements in your cholesterol level in approx one month.
- Take some drinkable clean water.
- Now add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to it and mix it.
- Drink this two times a day.
- it is better ways to lower bad cholesterol
5. Turmeric for Bad Cholesterol
Turmeric is used for its antiseptic properties. In old times turmeric was used to heal wounds, but you can also use turmeric to lower your cholesterol level. Turmeric cuts down the plaque on the artery’s walls.
The easiest way to do it is by adding turmeric powder to your daily food and vegetables. This will maintain the supply of this amazing herb for your cholesterol problems.
- Boil a minimal amount of water.
- Add a half tablespoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Now add two tablespoons of cooked mashed eggplants to it.
- Spread this paste on wheat bread and eat it after the meals.
6. Fenugreek seeds for Bad Cholesterol
If you are interested in knowing, how to reduce cholesterol without medication then fenugreek seeds are right choice. Fenugreek seeds come with some components that reduce the absorption of cholesterol by the body, which comes from the rich in fats.
Fenugreek seeds are rich in minerals like calcium, selenium, and zinc. Also, fenugreek seeds are loaded with vitamins A, B, and C.taking fenugreek seeds daily can also reduce the risk of heart attack by 25%.
How to use fenugreek seeds for cholesterol
- Take two ounces of fenugreek seeds daily, along with water.
- Take some leaves of fenugreek seeds and add them to your salad every day.
- You can also use these seeds as spices for various recipes.
- You can add the leaves of fenugreek seeds in your recipes as herbs.
Note- I recommend soaking the seeds overnight so that the bitter taste goes away.
The leaves of fenugreek are not bitter; you can use them in whatever quantity you want. They come along with pleasing taste and aroma.
7. Apple for Bad Cholesterol
Can apples help lower cholesterol? Full of flavonoids, apple is one of the best simple home remedies for high cholesterol levels. You can keep enjoying this fruit and keep your lungs healthy. This fruit is rich in pectin and contains natural antioxidants known as flavonoids. Also, The skin of an apple is full of fiber.
I suggest eating fruits with their skin. Other fruits like grapes, pomegranate oranges also decrease cholesterol levels in our body as they are enriched with fibers.
8. Red wine for Bad Cholesterol
Does red wine lower bad cholesterol? Red wine can boost good cholesterol levels by 15%. Red wines contain polyphenol antioxidants. If you are good with alcohol, you can drink two glasses of wine a day to reduce cholesterol in your body.
If you are not in favor of drinking alcohol, you can go for grape juice, which is equally beneficial in lowering higher cholesterol levels.
9. Spinach for Bad Cholesterol
Spinach also reduces the risk of heart stroke. It contains vitamin E. Spinach is loaded with lutein, preventing the cholesterol from getting attached to the arterial walls.
You can eat spinach raw. Put the spinach leaves in the microwave and eat it with white bread. This is an easy and effective remedy to treat bad cholesterol
So there are the best home remedies for high cholesterol levels. Now let’s head to some important things to add to your routine to lower down the cholesterol level easily.
- Divide your meals into smaller meals and eat small meals in a day.
- Avoid smoking as much as possible.
- Start working out to maintain a healthy weight.
- If alcohol works, add a glass of wine after your dinner.
- Avoid eating food with higher fat.
- Ignore butter and dairy foods.
- Start eating healthy fruits as much as possible and opt for vegetables.
Also Read: How to Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke
With age, we start to face many health issues as this body is not immortal is gets older by time, and it takes proper care to maintain the health of this god’s gift.
Age cannot be controlled, but we can live a healthy life at any age with just simply taking some precautions and bringing these home remedies into your routine.
These remedies are safe to fix bad cholesterol, and 100% natural to use. There are no side effects, and they don’t cost you as much as the medicines do.
Hopefully, how to reduce bad cholesterol fast will help you; I will see you next time with some more working and natural remedies for your day to day problems. Happy Reading..!