If you call yourself an epicure, then the delicious aroma of curry leaf is not unfamiliar to you. In Indian cuisine, there are various uses of curry leaves, but especially for tempering sambar and Kadi, which is just mouth-watering. Indeed, good food does not need to be served in a silver dish to taste better; it just needs the excellent flavor that increases our appetite.
Curry leaves worth the credit to make a simple food extra tasty. But do we know that this tiny and shiny leaf has other usefulness as far as health, hair, and skincare are concerned? Perhaps no.
So to explore more about benefits of eating curry leaves on empty stomach we are trying to discuss in detail the uses and benefits of curry leaves and other additional tips in our article. Be with us to know more about your favorite curry patta.
What are Curry Leaves?
Curry leaves are a type of leafy vegetable that is typically used in Indian cuisine. They are most commonly found in the southern regions of India and Sri Lanka but can also be found in parts of Southeast Asia. Curry leaves are often used as a component in various dishes, such as curries and masalas. They are also being used to make pickles and chutneys.
Curry Leaves Nutrition facts
Curry leaves contain different aromatic chemical compounds. Each portion of this tree is valuable, such as bark, leaf, seeds, etc.
Curry leaves nutritional value in 1 tbsp organic powder=1gm
- Total Carbohydrate 1g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Calcium 10mg
- Iron 0.4mg
- Potassium 23mg
10 Surprising Uses and Benefits of Curry Leaves
There are many kari patta benefits. Some of the most common are as follows:
1. Helps to Reduce Weight
For those who want to lose weight but don’t have much time to go to the gym or work out, curry leaves may solve your problem. You only have to add curry patta to your daily food in any form. It is a well-known ayurvedic medicine to burn out deposited fat. Moreover, it can reduce the triglyceride level, which helps to manage obesity.
Ways to use curry leaves for weight loss:
- You have to take 10-20 fresh curry leaves.
- Bring them to boil in 2 cups of water.
- Add honey and lemon.
- Strain the water and drink it like tea when the stomach is empty in the morning.
- This curry leaves concoction will work fast when you take a balanced diet.
2. Control Blood Sugar Level
Some herbs work very well to control sugar levels in the blood. Curry Patta is one of them as it has all the potent nutrients that can affect blood sugar levels.
Way to use
- You can either chew in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Curry leaves powder has the same benefits. So you can use one teaspoonful of dried curry leaves powder with one glass of water and drink it in the morning.
3. Cure Diarrhoea
Health disorders like diarrhea can be treated easily at home with curry leaves to get instant relief. It has a carbazole alkaloid that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and calms down the upset stomach. Kadi Patta is also helpful to control the three” doshas” of our body—Bayu, Pitta, and Kapha.
Way to use
To cure diarrhea, you have to take 5 to 6 fresh curry leaves from a curry leaf plant and smash them to mix well with buttermilk or yogurt. You can use one teaspoonful of curry leaves powder. Take it twice a day to get effective results.
4. Helps in Digestion
Indigestion is a common stomach disorder that we suffer often. This problem can be cured very easily at home with ayurvedic herbs. Curry Patta is also a helpful medicinal plant to cure such problems. It is carminative and helps to relieve flatulence. Moreover, it has laxative properties that help get rid of body toxins, and in this way, it can balance the” Pitta.”
Use: – To boost digestion chew fresh curry leaves after every meal.
5. Curry Leaves Influence Hair Growth
Curry leaves can give your hair the desired growth and shine. It is enriched with nutrients like beta-carotene and protein that encourage hair growth and strengthen hair follicles. The amino acids and antioxidants work to reduce dandruff and other scalp problem.
How to use Curry Leaves for Hair
A):-To Reduce Dandruff and Strengthen Hair Strands
- Take fresh curry leaves (10-15).
- Grind it well and extract the juice.
- Boil it with virgin coconut or olive oil.
- Allow it to cool and apply it to the hair and scalp.
- Keep it for 2 hours and use twice a week
- The antibacterial properties of curry leaves and coconut oil help to reduce dandruff.
B):- Hair Mask with Curry Leaves for Hair Growth
- Take fresh, green curry patta and grind it with little water to make a smooth paste.
- Add it with yogurt and apply it to the hair like musk.
- Stay with it for 45 minutes, and then wash off with shampoo.
6. Helps to Clear Stuffy Nose
Stuffy nose is awful, and there are many home remedies to cure this instantly. One of those home remedies is to use curry leaves as this leaf has anti congested and antibacterial.
Way to Use: A):
- Take 6 to 8 fresh curry leaves.
- Boil them well in two cups of water.
- Reduce the water to one cup and strain it.
- Add honey or lemon and drink like tea.
B):- Take At least ten curry patta from a curry plant.
- Bring it to a boil with water for half an hour.
- Inhale the vapor with nostrils.
- The steam will help loosen the mucus and helps to make the nose clear.
7. Helps to Reduce Blood Cholesterol
Small curry leaves can help you control blood cholesterol levels by increasing the good cholesterol. It also has a huge amount of antioxidants that prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. Thus avert cholesterol levels from increasing further.
How to Use
- To maintain blood cholesterol take fresh curry leaves (6-8).
- You can use dried curry leaves powder. (1 Table sp).
- Mix it with one tea sp. Full of Jaggary. Take it before going to bed at night.
8. Cure Skin Infection and Enhance Skin Glow
Skin issues like skin infection and lack of glow are enough to make us feel low and embarrassed. For those suffering from such skin problems, curry leaves can make them happy as it is a good solution for all types of skin problems like skin pigmentation, acne, pimple, the formation of wrinkles, etc. The antibacterial agents and antioxidants work together to treat skin rashes and swelling.
a): How to use to Treat Acne and Pimples
- Take 10 to 15 curry leaves, some water, and a piece of turmeric. Grind them well to form a paste and add two drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the paste to the affected zone on the face.
- Allow it to dry for half an hour and wash off.
- Repeat this at least thrice a week.
b): How to use Curry Leaves as Face Mask to get Glowing Skin?
- Take a few dried curry leaves and make a paste with rose water in a grinder.
- Add honey and lemon juice with it and mix properly.
- Use it on the face and let it dry. After half an hour, wash it off.
9. Gives Liver Protection
Curry leaves are effective in getting rid of harmful toxins from the body. Thus it ensures a healthy liver function and relieves oxidative stress if we combine it with vitamin A and vitamin C. The habitual drinker can use curry leaves to ward off oxidative stress.
Way to use
- The best way to get all the benefits of curry patta is to chew it in fresh and raw conditions.
- You can also sauté 10 to 12 curry leaves in a pinch of butter and take it daily with food.
10. Beneficial in Treating Anaemia
Lack of folic acid and iron is the key factor of anemia. Curry leaves can be helpful to increase the hemoglobin in blood as it contains folic acid and iron in moderate quantity. Folic acid indulges iron absorption, and thus it conveniently treats anemia.
How to use
Chewing raw curry leaves with dates is the perfect way to combat anemia and iron deficiency.
How to get Curry Leaves at Home?
Curry leaves can quickly obtain from a curry plant, a common plant in any vegetable garden. It is easy to grow, and all year round, we can pick fresh curry leaves. We can also buy it from the market and online in packets. Both dried and fresh curry leaves are available for use in the kitchen. You can also curry leaves powder online.
Therefore, from now onwards, uses curry patta in your cooking not only for savory seasoning foods but also for your health. This pungent flavored pasta often sounds similar to curry powder, entirely different from spices. So know well about curry leaves, and then you can identify the true aroma of curry leaves.
How are curry leaves useful? How can we eat it?
There are different types of methods to consume curry leaves in cooking. It is also a well-known valuable component in making ayurvedic medicines. Therefore we can use curry leaves in a multipurpose way. Let us check the Uses and benefits of curry leaves.
- The most familiar use of fresh curry leaves adds more flavor to foods like sambar, dal, kadhi, stew, soup, etc. It is used as four tempering and mustard seeds and other whole spices at the beginning or end of cooking any cuisine that belongs to southern India and western- coastal India.
- Curry leaves enhance the taste of foods when combined with garlic, yogurt, ginger, onion, etc. It is edible, and it is unnecessary to remove it like bay leaves.
- Other than cooking, curry leaves have numerous health benefits and beauty applications. It can be used as hair musk to enhance softness.
- It is used in making traditional Ayurvedic Medicine due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Curry leaves are used directly from the tree. Otherwise, the dried leaves can be used to make curry leaves powder.
So, friends, we hope that going through the above Surprising Uses and Benefits of Curry Leaves will surely help you. So please don’t delay taking the benefits of it.