The other name of okra is lady’s finger, and it’s usually known by lady’s finger only, but this vegetable comes with thousands of health benefits. The word okra is pronounced differently in different parts of the world.
This incredible plant comes along with many essential nutrients. For an approx measurement, A glass of okra has:
- 2 grams Of Protein
- 21 milligrams of vitamin c
- 30 calories
- 80 micrograms of FOLATE
- 60 milligrams of magnesium
- 3 grams of dietary fiber.
- 0.1 grams of fat and
- 7.6 grams of carbohydrates.
What makes okra unique is that it can be used to consume throughout the year and various ways possible to consume it. Okra can be fried, boiled, stewed, or even pickled.
There are multiple benefits of using okra, and some of them are listed below:
Okra Water can Treat Diabetes Cholesterol And Kidney Diseases:
Benefits of Okra
- Consuming okra can help you in managing your cholesterol levels.
- Sugar lovers can be relieved to some extent as okra reduces the sugar levels in the body and prevent diabetes.
- Okra helps in reducing the glucose level consume through food by the gastrointestinal tract.
- Okra also helps in reducing asthma symptoms.
- Okra is very beneficial in preventing kidney diseases.
Also Read: How to Cure Diabetes Naturally at Home
After knowing the benefits of using okra for consumption, let’s head towards a drink known as okra water, and this drink helps in naturally balancing the blood sugar levels.
- 4 raw okras
- One cup of water.
- First of all, cut the heads and tails of the okras and keep them in the water.
- Leave them overnight.
In the morning, consume the water from the okras empty stomach just 30 minutes before breakfast.
Use this drink for a week and see positive results.