How to remove dark spots on face? Everyone wants to look beautiful and attractive. The glowing, pimple-free, and clear skin without any spot is the dream of every young girl and boy. Sometimes dark spots or black spots can be very annoying; these patches can spoil your whole look and beauty.
The black spots can be due to extra exudation of melanin, producing ugly dark and black spots. With that, hormonal imbalance, excess sunlight, severe medicines, pregnancy, stress, poor routine habits, mall-nourishment, etc., also can be responsible for black spots on your face.
Though many beauty products claim to remove the dark spots but are they worth it? The laser treatment and acid peeling are also useful, but it is costly.
So if you are looking for the cheapest but effective and easy treatment, choose the home remedies, read this article carefully, and indeed get the advantage.
How to Remove Dark Spots on Face
Let’s take a closer look at home remedies for black spots or dark spots on your face :
1. Lime Juice
Lime juice is highly effective for removing black spots on your face. Lime includes vitamin C, and it has natural bleaching components that help to lighten up the dark spots and dark skin tone. Also, it is easily available at your home.
How to use lime juice for dark spots
- Cut a fresh lime and squeeze the juice and apply it to the affected area with some cotton and let it be for 1 to 2 hours, then wash your face.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day and make sure that it does not direct sunlight after applying it.
- Also, the people who have sensitive skin should mix some drops of rose water or plain in lime juice. The people with open sores must avoid the lime juice on their faces.
Your kitchen has another magical ingredient that can reduce your black spots easily and quickly.
Potato also has bleaching properties that effectively lighten your dark spots in a few weeks and improve your skin quality and tone.
Using potatoes can reduce patches and helpful for pigmentation.
How to reduce black marks using potato:
- Cut a potato in half and apply directly to the affected area and leave it for half an hour or until it gets dry, then wash your face.
- The second option is to peel off a potato and grate this well, add some honey and apply it to the face for 20 to 30 minutes, then wash it off. Repeat this remedy thrice in a week.
You can also add some lime juice and turmeric with potato juice and apply to the black spots until it dries.
Aloe-Vera is nature’s gift to humanity, including several health and beauty components that reduce skin issues like pimples, skin pigmentation, dark spots, acne, etc.
It helps to rejuvenate your skin and makes it more glowing and healthy.
How to use Aloe-Vera for black spots
- Cut some fresh aloe-Vera and directly apply to the affected area and massage for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with normal water.
- You can also mix some lime juice and turmeric powder with aloe-Vera. Repeat this remedy once a day and for a couple of weeks.
Related: How to get rid of Acne Scars
Buttermilk is an excellent ingredient to reduce black spots and dead skin cells. Buttermilk includes lactic acid beneficial for several beauty issues like pigmentation, tanning, and dark spots.
How to use buttermilk for dark spots
- Take a half cup of buttermilk, add some tomato juice and lime juice, mix well, apply it to your face, leave it for 15 to 20 minutes, and then wash with plain water.
- Repeat this remedy once a day. If you have sensitive skin, then avoid tomato; only use buttermilk.
5. Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood powder is quite beneficial for eliminating black spots; it is a natural remedy for reducing various beauty problems.
The natural oil included in sandalwood is effective for skin tanning and pigmentation. You can easily have it from any superstore.
How to clear dark spots using sandalwood powder:
- Take 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder to add some rose water and glycerin, mix well, make a thick paste, and apply it on your face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off, repeat this remedy twice or thrice in a week and get good results soon.
Turmeric has been used to vanish several skin problems from ancient times, and still, it is an excellent remedy for treating black spots on your face.
Turmeric includes unique properties that help rejuvenate skin cells, lighten up the dark skin tone, and make your skin healthy and glowing.
How to remove spots from face using turmeric:
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, mix it with some lime juice and milk or curd, and apply it to the affected area until it gets dry and then washed with normal water.
- Repeat this remedy once a day and for a month.
Also Read: How to Get rid of Dark Spots on Chin
7. Gram flour
Gram flour is also beneficial for removing dark spots in face and patches from the skin. It is also readily available at your home.
Gram flour is an essential ingredient and can be mixed with several helping ingredients. It will help to lighten up and tighten up your skin.
How to remove black spot on face using gram flour:
- Take two tablespoons of gram flour and add some lime juice, some yogurt, a pinch of turmeric powder, and rose water (optional), mix well all the ingredients and apply to the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face and repeat this remedy thrice in a week, and in a few weeks, you will get positive results.
Oatmeal works as a natural cleanser and naturally exfoliates your skin, removes the dead skin cells, and lightens the dark spots.
This delicious and healthy breakfast is a good remedy for treating your skin problems. It fights with sun-tan and pigmentation.
How to use oatmeal for dark spots
- Take 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal and mix some rose water and 1 tablespoon of lime juice mix well and gently massage on your face in a circular motion.
- Do this process for 10 minutes, then wash your face. Repeat this remedy twice a week.
Papaya is a perfect fruit for your health, but again, it is an ideal fruit for reducing the ugly and stubborn black spots and dead skin cells.
Papaya includes special enzymes like papain, which works as a natural cleanser and exfoliates your skin naturally and with perfection, and makes your skin bright, white, and young.
How to remove dark spots on face using papaya
- You can apply some papaya slices directly to the affected area, massage well, leave it for 10 minutes, and then wash it off.
- The other option is to grate some papaya or mash with a fork’s help, add a pinch of turmeric powder and some lime juice, and apply to the affected area until it gets dry.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day; papaya peels are also beneficial for dark elbows and knees.
Surprised? Well, that’s a fact, onion can help you out for treating dark spots, and it is an excellent remedy and readily available in your kitchen.
How to use onion for dark spots on skin
- Grate an onion and squeeze the juice and directly apply to the dark spots with a cotton ball’s help for 20 minutes.
- You can also add some honey in onion juice and apply this for 10 minutes. Repeat this remedy twice a week, and soon you will see the expected results.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article on how to remove dark spots on face!