How to get rid of dark neck? are you facing embarrassing situations due to your dark neck or Black neck and apparently, you are tired of facing irritating questions on personal hygiene? Yes, this situation turned worse when everyone begins to give you their personal opinion on how to get rid of the dark neck, and you have to pay heed to unnecessary bits of advice.
But honestly, the dark neck imposed a negative impression on our looks and appearance.
So before we try any chemical-based medicine, let us try some age-old ancient Ayurvedic ingredients that are readily available at home.
Undoubtedly these home remedies can remove the dark patches without much effort and at a low cost.
Causes of Dark Neck:
When the skin color of the neckline appears darker in comparison with the surrounding skin, we called it a dark neck problem.
Lack of proper cleaning is the most common reason that we develop a dark neck problem. As it is not a visible part, so we tend to ignore it while clean other body parts.
So as a result of improper care dirt and oil accumulated there and damage the skin texture. So let us take a look at the factors that may cause a dark neckline.
- Due to overexposure to Sun.
- As a side effect of any chronic disease.
- Effects of certain medications for a long time.
- Hormonal dysfunction.
How to Get Rid of Dark Neck:
To maintain a smart and stylish appearance, steps to remove pigmentation on the neckline are essential.
It is not only the face that needs attention and proper care, but each part of the body needs cleaning so that we do not feel awkward.
Here we are discussing how to get rid of dark neck with 10 effective home remedies that are very easy to use.
1. Potato Juice:
Apart from being a staple foodstuff potato is a natural cleanser that helps to remove dark spots and blemishes from the neck area.
How to use Potato juice for Dark Neck:
• Take a medium-size potato.
• Peel it and smash in a grinder to extract the juice from the paste.
• Stain the juice in a bowl.
• Get a cotton ball dip into the juice and apply on the dark neck
• Let it dry and wash after 30 mins of applying to get the best results.
• Potato juice contains catecholase enzyme which acts as a natural bleacher.
So it is quite sure that it will help to lighten the dark neck.
2. Almond Oil:
Almond oil works as a skin rejuvenator as it contains Vitamin E. It has also bleaching properties to some extent. So on the application on the dark neck area; it helps to remove the dark spot by improving the skin tone a lot.
How to use Almond Oil for dark neck:
• Wash the neck area at first with mild soap and pat it dry.
• Take four to five drops of almond oil in a bowl. Use your fingertips to massage it into the area in a circular motion.
• Carry on the process for 15 to 20 minutes on a regular basis.
• After massaging wash off with warm water.
3. Orange Peel:
Excellent home remedies to treat dark neck problems. Orange peel contains vitamin E and lots of antioxidants that help to brighten the skin tone. So we can preserve the orange peel to use for the whole year by drying it in the open sun.
How to Use Orange Peel for Dark Neck:
• Take a handful of dried orange peel and grind it into a dry powder.
• Add two tablespoonful of milk and one teaspoonful of honey into it.
• Blend all the substances to make a smooth paste and apply it on the pre-washed dark neck area. Cover the area with the paste and allow it to dry.
• After 30 minutes wash off with lukewarm water.
• Repeat it at least thrice a week to get the best result.
4. Yogurt and Turmeric Paste:
Yogurt is one of the ready to use an ingredient that can fix many skin related problems. Turmeric is also a medicinal herb that has lots of benefits for our health and skin.
When, we mix these two ingredients, the lactic acid of yogurt and the antibacterial properties of turmeric work together to lighten the tough dark patches. The natural ingredients in yogurt also work as a natural cleanser.
How to Use Yogurt and Turmeric Paste for Dark Neck:
- Take three tablespoons of Yoghurt. Add one teaspoonful of turmeric powder into it. Mix it well to form a thick paste. You can use raw turmeric for a better result.
- Apply the cream like paste on the dark and tanned areas of the neck. Allow it to dry
- Stay with it for 30 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. Repeat the process daily to get the desired result.
5. Vitamin E Oil:
Vitamin –E oil is skin-friendly oil that nourishes our skin and prevents blemishes from getting permanent. Besides this, it repairs damaged tissues and improves skin tone.
How to Use Vitamin E Oil for Dark Neck:
- Buy Vitamin E capsule from medical shop.
- Cut one capsule open to using at a time.
- Collect the white Vitamin E oil and with fingertips massage it well on the neck area.
- Allow it to stay overnight.
- Do this daily.
6. Lemon Juice with Honey:
Lemon juice is responsible for brightening the skin, and it is a natural bleacher too. Honey is a natural antiseptic, and it has lots of skin benefits which include skin lightening and skin smoothening.
Honey contains antioxidants that help to prevent further skin damage and make it glow.
How to Use Lemon Juice with honey for Dark Neck :
• To use on the dark neck, you have to mix two tablespoonfuls of honey with one tea spoonful of lemon juice.
• For a quick result add one teaspoonful of milk powder and two or three drops of coconut oil into it. With a spoon stir it well to form a smooth paste.
• Apply with a spatula on the pre-washed dark neck area. Cover the area completely. Leave it for 30 to 40 minutes.
• Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
• You can feel the moisturising effects immediately. Do it daily for a quick improvement.
Be sure to read: How to lighten dark inner thighs and pubic area
7. Rice Flour, Coffee and Olive oil:
The use of Rice flour for enhancing beauty is century old. Rice flour exfoliated skin naturally and used as a scrubber.
So it can remove dry or dead cells quickly. Apart from this, it has oil absorbing properties, and it soothes sunburn dark skin.
Olive oil also contains antioxidants, and it penetrates into the skin to hydrates skin texture. Coffee contains antioxidants that remove sun tan and dead cells.
How to Use:
- Take a glass bowl with three tablespoons full of rice flour.
- Add three to four drops of olive oil and two drops of lemon juice into it.
- Add one teaspoon of cocoa powder and make a smooth paste.
- Apply with the help of a spatula or makeup brush covering the total affected area. Allow the paste to become dry and after 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash the area with warm water.
- The mixture will blur the dark spots after a few uses by cleaning the dirt and dead skins naturally.
Tomato is the most common vegetable in all kitchens, and it has lots of uses for skin problems like sunburn, erase pigmentations, etc.
It contains lycopene, phytonutrients, and lots of antioxidants that inhibit free radicals and improve skin condition. Gram flour is also a very good scrubber.
How to Use Tomato for Dark neck:
• Take one medium size tomato and cut it into pieces.
• Make a smooth paste with a grinder.
• Add three teaspoons of gram flour into it and mix it well.
• Apply the smooth paste over the dark neck and leave the area to dry for 30 minutes,
• Do it daily to get good results.
Also Read: How to Get Rid of an Ingrown Toenail
9. Aloe Vera with Baking Soda:
Aloe Vera is an herb with lots of skin and health benefits that include dark neck treatment. Baking soda is also a very good skin brightening components, and it balances the ph level of the skin surface. But it is always good to use baking soda with oil like substance so it could not dry the skin surface.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Dark Neck :
• Take some aloe Vera leaf and cut it to get fresh aloe Vera gel.
• Collect the jelly-like white substance in a bowl and stir it well with a spoon to form a thick paste.
• Add just one and a half pinch of baking soda into it and mix well.
• Cover the dark neck area with the paste and leave it for 20 minute
Rinse off the area and apply some moisturizer.
10. Cocoa Butter:
Cocoa butter has natural moisturizing power, and it nourishes the skin as well. The presence of healthy fatty acid that makes the skin soft and smooth.
It is also perfect for depigmentation as it helps to lighten the dark patches and make the skin tone even after few uses.
Cucumber juice is also best known for its toning capacity, and it improves the skin color.
How to Use Cocoa Butter for Dark neck:
- In a bowl take some organic cocoa butter and add two to three tablespoon full fresh cucumber juice into it.
- With a spatula combine it well to form a paste and apply on the dark patches on the neck area.
- Leave it overnight to get the desired result. Repeat the process thrice a week.
Few More Tips:
1. Don’t forget to clean your neck daily while bathing.
2. Apply sunscreen lotion on the neck to avoid sunburn, while going out.
3. Massage almond oil to ensure good blood circulation.
4. If you are suffering from any chronic diseases, please consult the doctor for proper medication.
So, friends, these are some of the best-known home remedies to remove dark patches from your neck, and we hope that these remedies will help you to get a clean neck and you can confidently wear any kind of dresses. So say goodbye to dull, rough and pigmented skin and enjoy life.