Castor oil uses for hair: Castor oil (Arandi ka tel) is one of the time tested remedies for many common ailments that we experience in daily life. It is a boon for hair problems. Castor oil for hair is not a new-age remedy or a contemporary hair care solution. It is being used for a long time to prevent and treat hair thinning as well as hair loss.
Castor oil also grows your hair thicker stronger and longer. Here in this article, you will be going to introduce Castor oil uses for Hair Growth Fast.
Benefits of Castor Oil for Hair:
Castor oil is an easy, cost-effective, and probably the best option to nourish your hair. You cannot frame a single reason that triggers hair loss. It is caused by multiple factors.
Regardless of the reason that triggers had problems castor oil helps you? Castor oil makes your best bet to grow hair, treat dry scalp, curb down the itchy scalp, and stop hair fall and all hair related problems.
Ricinoleic acid is a major component of castor oil, which inhibits even the hormonal problems that leads to hair loss. For instance PGD2 hormones cause severe hair loss, thinning of hair etc. Next to ricinoleic acid castor oil is also rich in omega fatty acids and vitamin E.
- It promotes blood circulation in the scalp which supports hair growth.
- It nourishes the scalp and strengthens the hair roots.
- Contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Unclog the pores in the scalp and facilitates hair growth
- Since it regulates the regeneration of hair in a healthy cycle, regular and consistent use of castor oil prevent as well as controls male pattern baldness
It has a moisturizing property that treats and prevents dryness, dandruff, and itchiness in the scalp.
Castor Oil Needs Carrier Oil:
Castor oil is pretty much thicker than other oils. It will be easier for you to apply on hair and scalp if you have carrier oil which lightens the density.
Obviously your next question will be how to use castor oil to control hair fall or grow thicker hair? Just applying castor oil on your hair isn’t enough. You should know how to use it properly to get the most of it. Let’s see how to use castor oil for hair.
How to use Castor oil for Hair Growth Fast:
How often should I use castor oil for hair growth? The basic way to use castor oil for hair is by mixing with coconut oil and applying it on the scalp. Based on your hair problems you can try different ways to use castor oil for hair
Castor oil and coconut oil make the best as a simple but effective hair care solution.
A simple Haircare Remedy with Castor oil and Coconut oil:
- Take equal parts of castor oil and coconut oil blend it well.
- Apply it on the scalp and hair, from root to the ends.
- Gently massage for a few minutes and rest it.
- Let your hair and scalp absorb the goodness of the castor oil and coconut oil for one to two hours
- Wash and rinse your hair thoroughly.
Castor oil and Coconut oil to Control Hair Loss and Deep Conditioning:
Sometimes, taking oil bath will be sufficient for healthy growth of hair. However, it won’t be enough to nourish your hair.
To control hair loss and deep condition your hair try the following method using castor oil and coconut oil.
Ingredients you Need:
- take equal parts of castor oil and coconut oil
- two vessels for double boiling ( wide bottom vessel/pan and a small vessel/cup)
- water for boiling
- choice of aromatic oil – a few drops
- A towel / cap to wrap the hair
How to Mix it:
- Add water to the wild bottom vessel and bring it to boil
- mix castor oil and coconut oil well and pour in a small vessel or cup
- place the cup on the boiling water
- let the oil heats up for a few minutes
- add a few drops of aromatic oil of your choice and mix well
- remove oil from flame after 5 minutes
- apply the oil on scalp and massage well
- wrap your hair in a warm towel
- let it soak for one to two hours
- wash and rinse hair with mild shampoo
Also Read: How to Stop Grey Hairs Naturally
Castor Oil uses for Hair Dandruff:
Dry scalp and lack of moisture are the two major causes of dandruff. Apart from this fungal infection of scalp infection also triggers dandruff.
Applying castor oil along with a few more ingredients make the best solution to get rid of dandruff.
- 3 – 5 teaspoons castor oil
- equal amount of coconut oil to castor oil
- a few drops of tea tree Essential oil
- aloe vera gel optional
Tea tree oil has antimicrobial and extra moisturizing properties. Aloe vera is known for his cooling and moisturizing elements.
How to use it:
- Mix all the ingredients as stated above and blend it well.
- If needed gently warm the mixture in a double boiler.
- Apply on the scalp and massage for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wrap your hair with a warm towel.
- Rest for one to two hours and wash your hand warm water with shampooing.
ALSO READ: How to Remove Dandruff Quickly And Naturally
Hair Serum with Castor Oil:
Hair serum is typically a blend of essential oils that come with healing and medicinal properties. For damaged hair you can make an effective hair serum with castor oil. Reverse the hair damage with castor oil and essential oil blends.
Ingredients you Need:
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of castor oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of coconut oil
- A few drops of almond oil
- A few drops of jojoba oil
- Tea tree essential oil if you have dandruff / itchy scalp
- A bottle with dropper
The choice / blend of essential oils given above are the basic oils used for hair serums. You can use your choice or preferred aromatic essential oils to make the hair serum. For instance, raised seed oil to nourish your scalp; lemon essential oil to cleanse the scalp;
Choose the essential oil based on your hair and scalp requirements.
How to make it:
- Mix all ingredients. If you wish you can add your choice of aromatic oil.
- Blend it well.
- Clean the bottle and make sure it is dry
- Transfer the oil blend to the bottle
- Hair serum is ready
Using dropper is an easy way to apply the serum on the scalp. Spray warm water on your hair (make sure your hair is damp, not fully wet). Gently massage the scalp and wrap the hair with a cap or towel. You can leave it overnight too.
ALSO READ: How to Get Rid of Split Ends and Frizzy Hair
How to Wash your Hair?
As stated above castor oil is very thick and sticky. So it is a difficult task to wash off this oil from your hair. How to make your hair oil free?
Use warm water to wash your hair. Whenever you take hair bath, take a warm shower. It helps open the pores in the scalp.
- You might need shampoo to remove the oil from the hair.
- Pour shampoo in your palms, add water, and lather it well.
- Apply shampoo on the scalp and hair and gently massage the scalp.
- Let the shampoo stay in your hair and scalp for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse the hair with normal water or mildly warm water.
- If you have used any aromatic oil or Essential oil you don’t need any conditioner. However, the use of air conditioner after shampooing.
- Rinse hair with normal water or cold water which closes the opened pores in the scalp.
- Dry your hair
- Gently detangle your hair strands
A Few Things to Remember when you use Castor Oil for Hair:
If you have dry hair, you can apply the castor oil or the serum overnight and wash the hair next day. Except itchy scalp and dandruff, you won’t see the difference immediately after applying castor oil.
Try using castor oil for hair at least for 3 to 4 weeks, once a week or once in every four days.
Where to Buy Castor Oil:
Castor oil is easily available in stores and online. Buy the organic ones. To dilute castor oil, choose the extra virgin coconut oil.
So, friends, we hope that after going through the above Castor oil uses for hair will surely help you. So don’t delay to take the benefits of it.